“Nice place at a low price”
Review of Motel 6 Elkton

Motel 6 Elkton
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This hotel has 2 stories and all rooms have outside entrances. There's some noise from the truckstop next door, but other than that it's in a quiet spot with little traffic noise. My room is clean and in pretty good condition. The mattress and pillows can't be described as soft, but I've been in hotels with worse. The Internet is $3/day. The TV gets 20 channels with 2 HBOs. There's coffee in the lobby but no breakfast. The woman at the desk was efficient but not a bit friendly. Close by are 3 fast food joints and 2 restaurants. So, it's like most Motel 6s I've been in- a neat, comfortable, well-maintained place with no frills at a very low price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Roadie78

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Even though the price was right i still want clean towels! Absolutely disgusting! The towels were just re- folded and put back. The floor towel was still wet, bath towels had hairs on them and washcloths had toothpaste and some yellow stains. There was soap left in the shower and the room reeked of smoke and mold or wet dog. If it were not 3:00am I would have left right away. I literally felt dirtier after my shower! Office staff was nice and did refund my money. Cleaning staff needs to be replaced!!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Stewart143
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here with a friend for one night in May. I thought it was perfectly fine as Motel 6s go, though nothing fancy. There was a very strong smell of air freshener or something, so much so that it made my friend cough and wheeze. I'm not very sensitive to these things, so I would probably stay here again, but I don't think she would.

The motel is right off the highway, in an area with not much but fast food and a gas station or two. I didn't get any sense that this was a dangerous area, nor did I see anyone loitering around that I would be worried about.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank MJayhawker
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My room was newly refurbished. New carpet, new furniture, new bathroom...very clean and comfortable. Ive spent a lot more and got much less in the past. A tip for those who gave this place a bad review, "always ask to see the room before you pay". I did, and I got a nice room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank willgreg21
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Had occasion to stop overnight in Elkton on my way from Florida to Boston.
Made an on line reservation and figured this place was good enuf for a nights rest. Mistake.
The place is filthy, there are welfare types hanging around outside and the room was awful. We checked out immediately and they refunded our room charge as we went across the street and stayed at the Days Inn-- which isn't bad...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ted3000
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We got a flat tire on 95 in the middle of the night, so we were not on a position to be picky about hotels. We just took the first one we could get to on our little spare tire - turned out to be the Elkton Motel 6.

It scores points for being convenient to the highway. If you're very strapped for cash, it's also very cheap - $53 for my family of 4. But that is where the charms end.

Our room was dirty. Stains on the carpet, a funky smell throughout. I did not feel comfortable even sleeping under the covers, or walking around with bare feet. They did have a portable crib for our baby, but it was filthy.

The room was "non-smoking," but either the clientele regularly ignore that directive, or the ventilation was horrible. Maybe both. Because the room REEKED of smoke. Made me sick to my stomach. Though I did get a laugh from the ashtray on the nightstand - they had simply upended it and put a "no smoking" sticker on it. I guess they just flip it over when they want to call it a "smoking" room.

All that said, I didn't see any disgusting bugs, and the bathroom had been slightly updated. This could be a cute little motel, if someone would just clean it once in a while!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank miscellany78
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Decent place to stay. Room was clean. Inexpensive. Close to I95. Pets stay free.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DogOnBoard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area
Elkton Lodge
Elkton Lodge
#5 of 8 in Elkton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area

Been to Motel 6 Elkton? Share your experiences!