“The Absolutely Worse Place I Ever Stayed” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Sykesville, Maryland
“The Absolutely Worse Place I Ever Stayed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Where do I start to say how bad this place was. If they offered negative rating this place deserves one. I had a room roadside and you could hear the traffic and day & night. When I went to shower I found a neglige behind the bathroom door and no towels in the bathroom. When I went to the desk they gave me 1 towel and said they would deliver more. They never did. The next morning the breakfast was a joke. A small selection of the tiniest mini muffins I have ever seen (they were cute but not fit for a meal) and the smallest bagels on the face of the earth. They did not have cream for the coffee. Then to further compound the pain of the visit a made walked into my room without knocking. Management offered me a $10 refund. I accepted but it never posted to my credit card statement. To add insult to injury they did note it in the folio so I did not get the points for the $10. So I was actually penalized for my trouble. I have been a Choice Gold Elite member for 3 years but I am now rethinking my brand loyalty. I do enjoy the Choice Suites and I understand this is lower end but frankly this does not even meet the standards for a ghetto hotel. If it was an apartment complex the owner would be a slumlord.

Room Tip: Don't stay here but if you must insist on a room away from Route 1.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank bt1958

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The internet info,per the econo lodge site,says things about this motel that are'nt true..For example:It indicates that there are flat screen tv's in all of the rooms..There are None.They only have big fat tv's and a cable box,with nowhere to plug my ps3 to,for internet+games.*
THe site also states that a microwave+fridge is in all rooms..They are not..At the front desk,I was told that they are unable to move micro-fridges around and that,select rooms had them.The rooms are small,the construction of the parking lot is weird..I'm in town on Business,but was looking forward to the stated Amenities.It seems clean and quiet,no probs there..I would recommend this motel,just for a place to relax..just bring your own tv if you plan on using a ps3 or such..

• Stayed August 2013
Oneonta, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My daughters and I stayed at this hotel one night between attending a Baltimore Orioles game and heading out to Delaware. I liked the location and the price was ok. Not super cheap, but acceptable. When we got there, it looked clean enough. Some construction was taking place. Parking spaces are somewhat limited. I had two front desk clerks, one apparently in training. The main man was very nice, and quickly checked us in. When we got to our room (which faced the road and had a slim walkway...so to park you had to either park on the side with only a few spaces, or on the opposite side of the motel. Not really a big deal. However, when we got to our room, it had not been cleaned yet (to be fair, we were an hour early.) I went back to the lobby, and explained what happened. The main front desk man disappeared for a while after explaining it. After waiting a bit, he gave us another room on the second floor. I really have no complaints about the room. It is a standard inexpensive hotel chain room. Nothing fancy but fine for a one night stay. However, what really was terrible was the next day at 'breakfast.' I have never in my many years of traveling ever had a more meager breakfast. I have had one that was worse, but never this meager. There were, literally, a choice of: muffins, bagel, or something resembling a biscuit. There was coffee, but NO MILK or half/half, creamers, etc. The different front desk guy would put out just a few things at a time, and they would quickly disappear every time someone else came in so there was virtually no food. And since I am restricting carbs, I had to go without food. At least it caused a fit of hysterics between myself and another woman staying there. My girls found it funny as well. Seriously, pathetic. Check out went fine. Just be forewarned to bring your own food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Elkridge, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

7/2/2013 I often stay for business and found the experience to be really good. The rooms were clean and the staff was really friendly. Super fast internet and attentive check-in personnel who accommodated my every need. Good air cold/heat and secure area, I always feel safe.

Room Tip: Ice machine is located in breakfast area which is fine, its overseen by hotel staff. Mcdonalds, Burg...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank paul c
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Ive stayed in many rooms, but this was the worst hotel I have ever been to.

I can get over the fact it was incredible filthy (sheets had stains, shower had mold, cockroach in the corner) but there was a very loud drunken party outside my room that went on all night. I think one hour of sleep is all I got.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Dave H
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

After booking my room, I read the reviews and became scared to stay here. I was driving from Boston through DC though and the location and price were perfect for my route. So I stayed one night. It is right off a main drag, on a hill with parking out back. So some rooms over look the street and the others the parking lot. There are no interior hallways so in that way it is more like a small, two story motor inn. Everything in the room worked. The shower, tv, air conditioner, bed was fine, it was clean, no bugs, etc. So that was good. But it was indeed gross. Almost like, no matter how hard to clean, it will never look good. Sadly, I have to say that it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It is just unappealing in every way. And there is no way I would have drank the coffee. Breakfast is not at all worth your time. Just expect to grab breakfast somewhere else and you will be fine. It is doable, but definitely not a place I would go back to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LumaLisa33
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

No room service.....Ice machine on ground floor only. .......... .......................... ..........................

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Hotel / Arundel Mills
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washi...
#12 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 494 reviews
Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills

Been to Econo Lodge Elkridge? Share your experiences!