“Has Potential...Sorta...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Oneonta, New York
“Has Potential...Sorta...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My daughters and I stayed at this hotel one night between attending a Baltimore Orioles game and heading out to Delaware. I liked the location and the price was ok. Not super cheap, but acceptable. When we got there, it looked clean enough. Some construction was taking place. Parking spaces are somewhat limited. I had two front desk clerks, one apparently in training. The main man was very nice, and quickly checked us in. When we got to our room (which faced the road and had a slim walkway...so to park you had to either park on the side with only a few spaces, or on the opposite side of the motel. Not really a big deal. However, when we got to our room, it had not been cleaned yet (to be fair, we were an hour early.) I went back to the lobby, and explained what happened. The main front desk man disappeared for a while after explaining it. After waiting a bit, he gave us another room on the second floor. I really have no complaints about the room. It is a standard inexpensive hotel chain room. Nothing fancy but fine for a one night stay. However, what really was terrible was the next day at 'breakfast.' I have never in my many years of traveling ever had a more meager breakfast. I have had one that was worse, but never this meager. There were, literally, a choice of: muffins, bagel, or something resembling a biscuit. There was coffee, but NO MILK or half/half, creamers, etc. The different front desk guy would put out just a few things at a time, and they would quickly disappear every time someone else came in so there was virtually no food. And since I am restricting carbs, I had to go without food. At least it caused a fit of hysterics between myself and another woman staying there. My girls found it funny as well. Seriously, pathetic. Check out went fine. Just be forewarned to bring your own food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Elkridge, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

7/2/2013 I often stay for business and found the experience to be really good. The rooms were clean and the staff was really friendly. Super fast internet and attentive check-in personnel who accommodated my every need. Good air cold/heat and secure area, I always feel safe.

Room Tip: Ice machine is located in breakfast area which is fine, its overseen by hotel staff. Mcdonalds, Burg...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank paul c
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Ive stayed in many rooms, but this was the worst hotel I have ever been to.

I can get over the fact it was incredible filthy (sheets had stains, shower had mold, cockroach in the corner) but there was a very loud drunken party outside my room that went on all night. I think one hour of sleep is all I got.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Dave H
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

After booking my room, I read the reviews and became scared to stay here. I was driving from Boston through DC though and the location and price were perfect for my route. So I stayed one night. It is right off a main drag, on a hill with parking out back. So some rooms over look the street and the others the parking lot. There are no interior hallways so in that way it is more like a small, two story motor inn. Everything in the room worked. The shower, tv, air conditioner, bed was fine, it was clean, no bugs, etc. So that was good. But it was indeed gross. Almost like, no matter how hard to clean, it will never look good. Sadly, I have to say that it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It is just unappealing in every way. And there is no way I would have drank the coffee. Breakfast is not at all worth your time. Just expect to grab breakfast somewhere else and you will be fine. It is doable, but definitely not a place I would go back to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank LumaLisa33
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

No room service.....Ice machine on ground floor only. .......... .......................... ..........................

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Mackenback
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel is terrible. There was something biting me fleas or bed bugs. The airconditioner had it's guts showing no cover for the innard parts. It took the TV 15 minutes to go from one channel to another. The bathroom was dirty. Two doors down from me there were bullet holes in the door. They stuffed a tissue in the peephole instead of the glass that is supposed to be there. Paint is peeling, old, dirty, unsanitary and unsafe. It cost me $40 total to get to and from the airport and $69 for the room for a total of $110. There was a room available for $91 a night with free shuttle service to and from the airport with $10 tax for a total of $101 and I would have had a much better exerience at the exact same price. I may report them to the health department

Room Tip: Go to the red roof inn about .6 miles from airport they have a shuttle service, the room is the same...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chantilly, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Out of all the choice hotels I have been to, this is by far the worse ever. The bed was very uncomfortable to lay on. When I got into my room, it smelt like a smoking room even though I was told it was a non smoking room. There were a lot of stink bugs (both dead and alive) around the A/C and about one or two flying around in the room. It was so disgusting. Breakfast on the other hand was very crappy. Econo lodge is one place I hope to never stay in again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Laurel
3.5 of 5 stars 95 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!