Rodeway Inn
  • Breakfast included
$122
$118
Doubletree.com
Candlewood Suites Baltimore-Linthicum(Linthicum Heights)(Great Value!)
$86
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I booked two rooms for one night and was happy that the rate (under $40) was really great considering it was New Years Eve and hotels tend to be quite expensive for that night. Both rooms were clean, had modern furnishings, and comfortable beds. We were all "happy campers" until we noticed some of the basic toiletry items were missing in the rooms. No soap, shampoo or hand towels in the room I was in, and missing towels in the other room, not to mention the microwave was missing from the second room. Upon requesting some of the items from the really friendly man at the front desk, the poor guy searched and couldn't find any soap, but finally found ONE bar of soap and came up to our room to give it to us. I wouldn't normally be so annoyed by one missing towel, but no soap is ridiculous! I was also worried we'd be charged for "missing" towels because of the sign prominently displayed on the bare sink counter stating that if you want towels, please pay for them, otherwise we'll assume you took them and charge your credit card accordingly. I would think a hotel better make sure their rooms are completely stocked before having that type of sign displayed. Wait, what am I thinking? A hotel needs to stock these items, and have extras in storage too, period, regardless of signs! It's a shame because this stay would have earned a higher review in our opinion had these basics been supplied, and remember, we had two rooms, so it wasn't just an accidental skip on one room, things were missing in both rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway because they're quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank TravelinGoof
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We just looked for place to sleep after long drive, so we just wanted the cheapest place to stay and we didn't expect anything much but the room was better than we thought. It's clean room, comfortable bed, friendly staff. Thanks!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank somkhem
Reviewed April 23, 2011

While the location of this hotel was convenient, and the staff were friendly, the rooms wer in poor shape. More specifically, the bathrooms were horrible. The first room we stayed in was dimly lit and the faucet on the tub did not work properly. We could not use the toilette at the same time the guests above were showering because there was a leak that dripped directly onto anyone sitting below! We requested another room during our stay and were given a room just as bad. The rooms need updating as well as the appliances inside. The Microwaves and refrigerators were so old, they worked only minimally. Also, if you are expecting the advertised "continental breakfast" you need to wake early (very early) and get there before the breakfast period ends. My husband and I went in plenty of time only to find one bagel and a muffin or two on a platter. We were extremely hungry and were looking forward to something good to eat...unfortunately the hotel failed miserably all around. If you are looking for a convenient location...this is your stop, anything else will require a drive a little closer to the airport for upgrades and comfort.

Room Tip: There is a discount for a multi-night stay
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelWyz
econolodgebwi, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

We are sorry for the inconvenience that you and your husband experienced at our hotel. We are continuously working on our room condition. We have discovered the problem in the room you were given, and we have taken the initiative to resolve it.

In addition, we do check our appliances on a monthly basis and we do discard any appliances that can no longer be used. We continuously purchase new appliances and we will look into the microwave and refrigerator that were provided in your room.

As for our breakfast, we are currently in the process of renovating our lobby and we promise to have a wider selection for our guests. We have also spoken with our staff on this issue and they were retrained on how to re-fill breakfast items so our guest’s can have the best possible continental breakfast experience during our renovation.

-General Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at!! We had reserved a room at this hotel for 4 nights. The room had HUGE bugs running everywhere when we turned on the lights. After calling the front desk to change rooms, they told us that they were typical for that area and there was nothing they can do about it. We had to go to the front desk and get a remote control for the TV because there was not enough remotes for every room in the hotel. The TV was turning on and off by itself all night long. There was no hair dryer, iron & ironing board, or trash cans in the room. The list could go on and on... needless to say, we checked out the next morning after the front desk did not respond to any of our concerns. I wouldnt even recommend this hotel to people I didnt like...It was that bad!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cfprusa05
econolodgebwi, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

We apologize for your unpleasant stay, however we were not aware of the concerns that you had when staying at our property. The bugs in the rooms are a part of the forest conservation area we are located in. We do suggest that our guests keep their room doors closed so the bugs will not have a chance to enter. In addition, most of the amenities that were missing from the room are available upon request from the front desk. We strive to please our guests in any way we can and we would like to resolve any issues our guests may bring to us.

Reviewed December 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel while I was attending a meeting for a few days. The rooms are not what the pictures on the website look like. They look new. I just wanted to stay at a comfortable, not so expensive place and this hotel worked for me. I did read the other reviews but my experience was different. My room was clean and the service was pleasant. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business