“Very Impressed”

Ranked #8 of 65 Restaurants in Elkridge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Dined here twice during a recent visit to east coast. Greeted by a pleasant hostess who seated us immediately in a booth the first visit and easily accomodated our booth request during the second visit by immediately clearing a recently vacated booth. Service was prompt and knowledgeable. Excellent drinks, but the food was a pleasant surprise. We were all extrememly satisfied with our meals. I especially appreciated the large choice of sides available with entrees. We enjoyed it so much the first visit we returned the following week. Very different from other Houlihan's I was familiar with.

Reviewed January 7, 2011

This is a relatively new location and the menu and food are excellent. I wandered why they didn't call themselves something other than Houlihan's :). Told friends about it and they skoffed at going to Houlihan's, but after I insisted, they joined me and my wife and we had a great time and they agreed and loved it as well.
Don't judge this book by it's cover.

Reviewed June 8, 2009

My fiancee and I went here for the first time on a Friday. We waited about 15 minutes and were seated in a booth. As a former waiter, I noticed that they had 4-table sections and our waitress was running behind. Perhaps we just had the bad luck of an inexperienced server.

The atmosphere is one of a trendy restaurant. However, this is a chain restaurant. Nonetheless, the does not prevent Houlihans from using triangle and rectangle plates and the wood floors and walls gave me a sense of a place that is trying to be something they are not. I did like the layout of the menu. Very modern and very easy to read. It was not pages and pages like the Cheesecake Factory. Also, the specials were up front for all to see.

Regardless of my personal opinion, we ordered calamari which was tasty but their dipping saue was not for my liking. I did, however, order a burger because I had heard they were good. My black angus burger game cooked to order (medium) and it was amazingly delicious. My fiancee ordered the Down Home Pot Roast and it was also very delicious. For dessert, we tried the Creme Brulee, Banana Cream, Pecan Pie, and the Snickers Icecream via a sampler. They were all tasty, but nothing to write home about. They are reasonably priced, so you are not breaking the bank if you are in the mood for something sweet. I would order them again, but probably not all at once!

Overall, pretty decent. A little overpriced but we did order desserts and an appetizer. With so many restaurants to choose from in Columbia, it needed to "wow" me more to want to put this in the regular rotation. However, I would come here again for a burger and for only $10, it is the same price as Red Robin!