“Great place to stay pre-flight at BWI”

Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Harrisburg pennsylvania
“Great place to stay pre-flight at BWI”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm returning to this hotel. Hubby and I stayed here before our trip to visit the grandchildren in November. The perfect place to rest before our flight and have their shuttle take us to the airport and return us to the hotel and car after our return flight. There is a warm beautiful indoor pool and hot tub and a sauna. The staff is friendly and we even had a nice breakfast in the morning.
I'd love to keep it a secret, but I am willing to share.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Frederick, MD
Reviewed April 9, 2013

March 2013: This is the second time I've stayed at the Best Western on Dorsey Road. Prices are reasonable, rooms clean and comfortable; courtesy shuttle to/from airport/hotel; and complimentary parking while you are out of town.

For this second visit I had just one complaint. I asked for a wake up call and never got it. Fortunately I always bring a travel alarm clock with me.

They have coffee/continental breakfast but having to get to the airport very early, it wasn't open for me.

There's a nice pub/restaurant next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nothing horrible about this hotel, but not that exceptional either - very average.

Customer service from the front desk could be a little better. The two interactions we had with desk staff made us feel as though we were an inconvenience - but, hey, they are probably underpaid.

The rooms were of a nice size, adequately clean and the beds were comfortable.

The breakfast was okay and actually sufficient for vegetarians.

We didn't use the pool/ spa, but they looked well maintained.

Shuttle was fairly prompt and the hotel wasn't too far from cruise port.

Recommended as a place to park when leaving on a cruise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mydogislovely
Providence, Rhode Island, Usa
Reviewed March 19, 2013

OK hotel. Staff could have been friendlier. Breakfast was poor. Pancakes were rock hard. Nice Irish Pub/Restaurant next door with good food. Otherwise a good enough place to hang your hat for a night or two.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

John M, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Please if you do plan to come back and stay with us, please contact me or us and we will try to make the details of your experience better..
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a (very short) night. I called the hotel for a shuttle and it arrived fairly quickly within 15 minutes. I was surprised it was not relatively close to the airport - more of a 10-15 minute drive. However, in the end with the convenience of the shuttle I found this to be a benefit because it was very quiet compared to staying near the airport premises.
The room itself was an average hotel room with a wall heating/AC unit. The beds were full sized but had ample pillows and slept very well. The bathroom had been nicely done with granite counters and a nice bath tub/shower.
Our stay was so brief we did not have a chance to use any of the amenities or grab breakfast.
While the shuttle driver was very kind, courteous and accomodating, the hotel staff definitely had room for improvement. The night clerk was not very welcoming and seemed to have as little energy as we did after our cross country flight at 2AM. I called to ask for a wake up call, which we never received. While breakfast hours had not begun before we left, I noticed the staff making preparations so I asked for a simple glass of juice. The staff acted annoyed at my request, stating breakfast was not served yet (even though she had set up cups) and it would take her a few minutes. She shuffled back and forth while we waited but made no effort to fulfill my request when the shuttle arrived to take us back to the airport.
For an industry that relies on customer service, this hotel definitely fell short. I hope my case is an exception to the rule because the hotel itself was pretty nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
John M, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry you had a somewhat bad experience with our over- night staff and service details. I am going to review your feedback with our GM and be sure it is addressed and corrected. I hope you will consider staying here again. If so please dont hestitate to contact me personally.

John Mayotte
Director of Sales
Henrico
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel made our cruise vacation out of Baltimore even more enjoyable. We booked a package which allowed us to leave our car in the hotel parking lot during our 12 day cruise. The package included a shuttle to and from the cruise terminal at no extra charge. The shuttle to the cruise terminal departed right on schedule and the wait for a shuttle at the end of our cruise was only about 10 minutes. Friendly, helpful, welcoming staff man the front desk. The room was clean and comfortable. We slept well. Fantastic breakfast in the morning including hot eggs and fresh fruit. There is a lovely indoor pool and pool area. We would definitely stay here again when cruising out of Baltimore or flying out of BWI.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suzanne S
Thanks so much!!!!...for your outstanding stay and comments. Please let us know if or when you may be returning for pleasure or busienss. We want to be sure all future stays are just as satisfying!!

John Mayotte
Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Home2 Suites by Hilton Arundel Mills BWI Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!