“First time in a while”

Elkridge Furnace Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Elkridge Furnace Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Elkridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Historic mansion ca.1744 hosting an a la carte restaurant with seasonally changing menus, private functions including intimate parties to large receptions, monthly special events from Afternoon Teas to Wine Tastings, and off-site catering to the entire state of Maryland.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I went to the Elkridge Furnace Inn for Restaurant week. I haven't been in a couple of years and generally only go for lunch when I go. I wish I could give 1/2 stars because this really is between a 4 and 5. The restaurant week specials were excellent, my wife had a butternut ravioli and I had coq au vin. the ravioli was good, the coq au vin excellent. An interesting presentation with the chicken in puff pastry. I had an excellent Caesar Salad and my wife had a salmon appetizer that was excellent. The dessert tray was really good.

This is a magnificent location with solid to excellent food. The rooms are small and you can easily have a low conversation

2  Thank chet_Maryland
There are newer reviews for Elkridge Furnace Inn

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary here and had a memorable experience. We were warmly greeted and shown to a table in a nicely appointed room with a fireplace. The wait staff was very friendly and the meal was nicely paced. The menu is extensive with a wide selection. The venison was great. Best of all it was actually prepared medium well. The steaks, which offer a number of possible preparations, were very good as well. There is also a large wine list that will cover every taste. All in all it was a most enjoyable evening. It is expensive but well worth it. I cannot wait to go back.

1  Thank USAFret
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went with friends for a New Year's Eve prix fixe 4 course dinner. Built in 1744, our dining room had a charming historic look all around and the wood burning fireplace felt warm. The cuisine has a French influence and is presented beautifully. Among us we tried the Vichyssoise (potato leek soup) which was excellent, Smoked Duck Breast and Goat Cheese Salad - also excellent, Duck Cassoulet (too much salt), Crab Stuffed Shrimp (too much salt), Garlic Rosemary Seasoned Lamb Rack (excellent), Blackened Veal Cop (excellent), Ribeye Steak (excellent) and Lobster Medallion (frying lobster is not a good idea since it turns tough like leather). The desert tray was very inviting but some of us had no space left since we even had to box most of the steaks. Next time we need to have steak and dessert. The restaurant is a good place for a special meal but recommend letting them know to go easy on the salt since it is always easier to add some if you need it. Table service was okay. Coat check service was helpful. Since it is one of the most expensive restaurants in the area, for the price, I would expect higher quality and top notch service.

2  Thank rimjhim1
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Tucked away on a quiet Elkridge street, the restaurant has a charming cozy feel. The service was excellent; the owner gave us a personal briefing on the history of the building. The food, lamb shank, pork loin, and bourbon cake was delicious. The drinks were well poured and the wine pairings spot on. One of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had.

2  Thank evilmosquito
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently planned a group dinner at the Elkridge Furnace Inn. I had been there many years ago for a beautiful outdoor wedding with reception in the tent. The meal for my group dinner was absolutely fabulous and I won rave reviews for choosing this location. We dined on filet with crab cake topped with a mustard sauce, brocollini and potatoes and for dessert we had pineapple upside down cake. YUMMY! The manager and his staff were extremely attentive and I was even able to thank the chef for such a fantastic meal. It is also important to note that the inn has such a warm and comfortable atmosphere. Please, meeting planners and single guests alike....don't let this one pass you by. We will definetely return and strongly suggest you make plans to visit.

1  Thank specialkdm