“Fantastic!”

R&R Taqueria
Ranked #6 of 68 Restaurants in Elkridge
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

This place was a lovely find on our trip. The food was delicious and the staff very friendly and accommodating. Prices are very reasonable as well.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Hard to find and doesn’t look like much from the outside. Food is excellent. Service is good. Not expensive. Good for lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Went out of my way to check this place out, there was an article about a taco place inside a gas station in Gaithersburg, and some people said that R&R was 100 times better, since I like the gas station tacos I decided to go visit R&R

Place is ok, but they don’t seem to have ac and it was hot and stuffy inside

I look at the menu and asked couple of questions about items, that I’m not familiar with, to my surprise the server responded, I don’t know I’m not Mexican

We order two of each taco in the list, I like the fish, chorizo the best, the other ones were good but not the best tacos I ever tried, the steak was a bit dry and chicken was unimpressive

Would I go back? Only if I’m in the area, would I drive 30 to Gaithersburg, yes

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 2, 2018

I looked for a DDD spot to try while we were in the area. We were a little hesitant as the parking lot was a little "sketchy" but we're from the Midwest and used to wide open spaces and huge parking areas.

We had gotten soaked at the National Zoo and asked to be seated away from the AC. We were shown around and asked if it felt warm enough, very accommodating. All of the staff (I can't say there is an actual hostess) were very pleasant and helpful. They eagerly answered questions about dishes we didn't know and recommended a fabulous desert.

I'm not a true foodie but love trying new foods, my hubby is more cautious. He had a great taco salad and I tried 3 different street tacos. We asked about a desert to share and the churros and ice cream were recommended. They were awesome!! We each had a traditional churro and an apple stuffed churro to dip into a very smooth tasty cinnamon ice cream, Our guac and chips, dinners, desert and tip were under $40. That's a great price for such a great dinner in the Baltimore/DC area.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018

Guy Fieri visited this place before it moved from its gas station location. It is now Located in a strip mall. The atmosphere is very casual with and large counter area and open kitchen behind it. There is ample seating n two sections. They pipe in Latin music.
My order was two chicken tacos ($5.19), two steak tacos ($5.19) and the steak fajitas. The chicken tacos were very dry and came with raw onion and cilantro on a small soft tortilla. There was not much flavor. The two steak tacos were a bit tough but had better flavor than the chicken. The steak fajitas looked wonderful but came before the tacos so I needed to wait. I eventually flagged down someone to inquire why it was taking so long. It appeared that the order never was prepared. The steak was chewy and they only provided two small tortillas which was not enough for the amount of steak, peppers (red/green) and green onions on the plate so I needed to eat with a fork. Overall the meat was dry and tough and the entrée looked better than it tasted. Nowhere did I see any sauce options.

Date of visit: May 2018