“Go into the Gas Station. You won't know what you missed if you don't!”
Review of R&R Taqueria

R&R Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Elkridge
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Simply awesome experience. If you want down and dirty authentic this is it. Treat yourself to a great experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

OK. I'm NOT a hot & spicy guy. But I still love the flavors they can do here. And I love breakfasts. Well, they have a fantastico eggs platter big breakfast that is awesome. I regularly get the eggs scrambled, add bacon, get chorizo sausage on the side that I break up onto the eggs, and the platter comes with 'home fries' R&R style that are delish!

The crowds on weekends should not scare you away, they all just want an excellent, mexican authentic, delicious breakfast like you do.

The small nook in the corner of a Shell gas station adds to the wonderful and peculiar ambiance of this 'restaurant'. 7-8 stools at the window counter are all the dine-in space available, but the food is worth a drive and a short wait.

I hear the rest of the (even more) authentic menu is even better than what I describe for my favorite breakfast platter. I'll go with that. Because for me, this is the best breakfast in MILES.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went to R&R Taqueria because I saw it on Diners, Driveins, and Dives. This place was phenomenal. I have never had mexican this good or fresh before. They use all fresh ingredients. We were in MD back in April and actually went to the gas station next door but did not eat here. Then I saw the review on DDD and decided to check it out. I couldn't have been more pleased with the food, it was great a large quantity and inexpensive price. If your ever in the area be sure to check this place out.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very "hole-in-the wall" feeling but this little place puts out some really solid, home-made Mexican food. There is no place to really sit down so it's mostly take out. Definitely worth seeking out!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have now successfully navigated the Shell parking lot enough times to say that R&R is great. The parking is ridiculous but worth it. I have tried almost everything and they do not have a weak link except that for the price you are not getting top cuts of meat. What I mean to say is that I would almost like them to have a premium section on the menu where I could order better cuts of beef. Luckily there is a place in Columbia, Lily's, where you can almost do just that, but it is obviously more expensive. Finally, my favorite food in Mexico was the soups and R&R is the closest I have found, just a squirt of lime and a pinch of salt for my taste and it is sublime.