“Definitely worth a shot!”
Review of Katana Grill

Katana Grill
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Elkridge
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great cuisine and good margaritas. The restaurant is located in one of the area's mostpleasant settings and is known for its delightful staff and superb cuisine. We have great food that is also afordable.
Reviewed November 3, 2011

For over a year, we were very loyal to Katana. We ate there an average of three times a week. The sushi is top notch (we are sushi snobs). The atmosphere is quite intimate and peaceful. Everything about Katana is wonderful--except for the service. The service is very hit-or-miss. At best, it is decent, but most times, the servers are sitting around eating or playing on their laptops.

We finally tried the new East Moon Asian Bistro a few miles down the road off 108 in Ellicott City. The sushi is better, prices are slightly cheaper, it has a nicer atmosphere, and the servers are more attentive. We have a new home now. Sorry, Katana!

1  Thank mcskipp

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Katana is an absolute gem considering its suburban location. We eat there several times a month and are NEVER disappointed. The sushi is really first rate. I have eaten sushi around the world and Katana stacks up with notables such as Nobu (NYC and Vegas), Katsuya (LA) and Sunda (Chicago). While we always get the sushi, others I have dined with have always thoroughly enjoyed their entrees. However with all that said, the service is really what sets Katana apart. They are very attentive, friendly and extremely efficient. You cannot go wrong with Katana!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Love the service. Always friendly. Good sushi, with a nice selection

Reviewed June 24, 2011

We had sushi, a steam box, pad thai and hunan chicken. I sampled them all and they where very tasty. The staff was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I have been here twice, both times ordering only sushi... i can only say its really bad. I wouldn't come back here even with the worst of cravings for sushi. The rice tastes watery like Chinese food rice. It doesn't have the nice sushi rice texture or taste. One of the roll we ordered was a shrimp tempura roll. The shrimp tasted like an egg roll. The eel sauce on top was super salty. My other roll tonight was off their special menu.. it was gross... kinda fishy, kinda watery, and too many flavors going on at once. The yellowtail I had would have been great of the rice had a decent taste. I know others have said the prices are good, i think for sushi they are above average compared to places i've been with much better sushi. I do have to say the service is great, food came quick, no complaints in that department. I'm double crossing this place off my list.