“The Best of The Best!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Elkridge, Maryland
“The Best of The Best!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were forced into spending a night in a hotel due to terrible weather/road conditions. I must say it was such a pleasant surprise to be greeted by James! James was extremely friendly, and eager to help us in any way that he possibly could! He quickly made friends with my 3 year old daughter, and repeatedly asked us if he could help us in anyway. Our room was another pleasant surprise. It was instantly relaxing to walk into such a clean and well decorated room! Everything right down to the bed and pillow comfort was perfect! The next morning, we are greeted by Angela and Pam! They were outstanding and once again they too displayed an eagerness to help us with anything we needed! They even offered to help us find a phone charger, since we had forgotten ours! Our breakfast and coffee was even kept fresh through out the morning and offered an attractive assortment of anything that you would think of for breakfast!

I will plan to tell anyone that I know who comes through the area to make it a point to stay here! Everything was simply perfect! Thank you for turning an ugly situation into such a pleasant one!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
hixgeneral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
AWE! Thank you !! Did you ever find your charger?? :-) I hope that on your next trip down there won't be snow on the ground and you can visit with us when the weather is better. James wanted me to let you know that the next time you and your daughters come thru, don't forget to ask about the indoor glow in the dark miniature golf that's not far from the hotel. He thinks the girls would have a blast there!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed January 31, 2011

During the horrible snowstorm of Jan 26, I pulled off the road, abandoned my car and went to the Holidy Inn to spend the night. The hotel is not too easy to find from I-95, particularly in snow, but once there, it was a pleasure to stay. Hotel feels new and fresh and breakfast was good. On Thursday the manager Angela Lane, drove me to my car and with someone else from the hotel, helped me dig my car out. With this attitude, she will do well and the hotel is so much better for having her as manager. A pleasure to recommend. this property.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
hixgeneral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, February 5, 2011
Thank you so much for the compliment!! It was my pleasure to assist you. I'm glad you made it home safely.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Stayed here three nights over the New Year's holiday. We were excited to stay at a brand new hotel,, but quickly became disappointed. Went down to the pool with the kids only to discover (since there were no signs) that the pool heater was broken and was scheduled to be fixed a week later (really?). Why wasn't this mentioned at check-in, or with some other kind of notice?

When I discovered that I forgot some toiletries and called the desk, I was told to come get them from the desk. Typically, these would be brought up by housekeeping staff, but I didn't think anything of it. Then when I got down there I stood waiting for about 5 minutes only to be told that they didn't have what I was looking for. I realize complimentary toiletries are not guaranteed, but why did I have to leave my room to find this out?

The staff was very courteous and the hotel was clean. The breakfast was not quite as good as other Holiday Inn Express properties I have stayed, but was fresh and well-stocked.

The room was not as much of a suite as just a really long room with two beds and a hideabed couch. The whole point of staying in a suite was to have a separate room to put the kids to sleep. This was a disappointment.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
hixgeneral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
It dissappoints me to know that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay with us. I have shown your review to the team and they want to make sure you know that they are just as dissappointed as I am about your stay. Although it doesn't help much now, the pool issue has been resolved and we would like for you to give us another try during your next visit to the area. Again, we sincerely apologize for your stay not being what you expected.
Ventnor City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Just like during past stays at other Holiday Inn Express properties, we stayed here as a night-time stop-over during a road trip.

And it perfectly met our expectations. The woman who checked us in was very very nice, as sweet as pie.

The room was clean and comfortable. Like all HI Expresses, it has the quirk of not having opaque curtains on the windows, just the white gauzy stuff ... enough to prevent a peeping Tom but not enough to keep out the brightorning sunlight.

The breakfast was good, but I was surprised that they ran out of cartons of 2% milk.

We saw the hotel just as we were exiting the highway, but actually driving there required many turns, including one with only a small sign; you have to turn into a small shooing center in order to drive to this hotel.

We were very happy we stayed there. I recommend it.

• Stayed November 2010
hixgeneral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Thank you for the kind words from your visit to the property. Navigating to the hotel can be a little tricky but we like to say that it's like a hide away in plain view. We hope to see you again soon!
San Mateo, California
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Spent 3 nights as part of a wedding party. Hotel overrunning with young teenage girls' soccer teams. No sleep/no extra security for the noise all night long. Front Desk were well aware of the ages of their guests yet housed them in between our group of 60-somethings. We had to police the hallways ourselves! Breakfast room could not keep up with the girls/parents/coaches - plus they were slobs. Plus the wedding guests were not all given the same rate, and we could not complain to the already-overstressed bridal couple. Stay away from this poorly-run hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank SHADDACalifornia
I cannot begin to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. As the new manager of the property, once I read your review, I immediately shared it with the team. We all agree that this is NOT how we want our guests to remember us. I hope during your next trip to the area, you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves with you.
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Easily visible from the freeway coming up from BWI. New building with a nice little wetland nature area in front. Everything very clean. Complimentary use of washer and dryer. Next to a gas station and a strip mall with grocery store, restaurants, dry cleaner, and a gym you can enter if you show your room key. But hotel was still quiet since it's separated from that stuff by the little wetland area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful words!
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We arrived late in the evening after a longhaul flight and a long drive from Dulles airport only to find that we had been booked in for December (rather than September) even though we had booked using Priority club. The guy behind the desk couldn't have been more helpful or apologetic he even refunded us some money because the price had dropped since we booked. All the staff had a friendly smile and were very helpful. The rooms are large and clean with very comfortable beds. Breakfast is included and the hotel is handy for visiting Washington DC, Baltimore, Brandywine Valley as well as Maryland or Virginia. The hotel has only recently opened so everything is clean and there are a couple of computers and printer in reception that came in useful. Without a doubt we will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
hixgeneral, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
I am so happy that the team was able to take care of you when you arrived! Please come and join us again on your next trip to the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#4 of 12 in Columbia
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!