“Pleasurable experience!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbia
“Pleasurable experience!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed in the king whirlpool suite which was everything we needed. The room was nice, the whirlpool even better, breakfast was great, and Jay and the young lady in the morning were very friendly and courteous. We were given a late check-out with no problem also we decided to stay here a least once a month to just have a night to ourselves. Wonderful experience!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovey408
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Our staff and management would like to take this time to thank you for you most recent visit to our location in Elkridge, Maryland. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our Great breakfast with the new healthier options. We look forward to having you back to our location very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New Windsor, Maryland
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel is great! The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom is huge! The free breakfast in the morning may be the best free breakfast in any hotel I've ever stayed in. And I stay in hotels multiple times per month. Eggs, chipped beef, sausage, bacon, cereal, donuts, oatmeal, danishes, and fresh fruit are all available and taste great. Even the selection of coffee creamers is plentiful: whole milk, skim milk, cream, half and half, International Delight, Coffeemate, powder, liquid EVERYTHING!!!
The only thing that is weird about the hotel is the entrance and exit. You have to go thru a gas station parking lot in order to get to the hotel. Weird. But there is a grocery store and a couple of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.
It is also priced very well and the service has always been great to me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SalesmanB
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
We would like to thank you for your most recent stay with the Holiday Inn and Suites in Elkridge, MD. Our Staff and Management are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our new Express Start Breakfast with Healthier options. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels brings you back to our area.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Let me just say that I do not write many reviews, but this hotel deserves 5 stars. I loved it! I searched numerous hotels and read numerous reviews to find the best place to bring my daughter for an overnight girls getaway for her 5th birthday. I read the reviews for this place and I noticed two words that were repetitive, CLEAN and FRIENDLY. This place is impeccably clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was GREAT!!! And they were very prompt about refilling anything that ran out. I booked my room a month in advance and noticed the week of my stay that the room was $50 less than the rate I was paying. I called and the manager, John, kindly adjusted my rate. All that I can say is I will be back again and again and again. It was a little hard to find the road that leads up to the hotel through the gas station, but I'd prefer it this way, its kind of tucked away!

I loved it and glad I stayed here!

Room Tip: The suites are pretty spacious, the living room and bedroom are not really separate, buts its cool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank LoveClean
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We would like to thank you for you most recent stay with us during your special weekend event. Our Staff and Management of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites would like to hopefully see you again real soon when your travels allow. Thank you for showing us that your Enjoyed staying with a Great Hotel that our Guest Love.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've reviewed this hotel before acouple years ago and I still find it a wonderful place to stay when visiting relatives in the area. When I discovered my room was on the highway side the gentleman at the desk was nice enough to change it for me. While I was there, it appeared that there were many parents with young soccer players staying there that weekend. Having traveled alot with my boys when they were younger, I know what it's like trying to corral them and keep them quiet in a hotel so as not to disturb other guests. The boys were well mannered and the noise was kept to a minimum and the staff appeared to clean up all the spillage and mud rather quickly.
I was so happy to see CHOBANI yogurt now at the breakfast bar! Thank you for that. Now if you would only start serving OTIS SPUNKMEYER muffins...please consider it ~ they are the best!
It was nice to see Nadia again and she quickly made hot water when I wanted tea late in the evening. So Thanks Again HIE Elkridge for another perfect weekend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Lynn W
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Our staff and management would like to thank you for your most recent visit to our hotel and sharing your comments about your recent stay on trip advisor. We are glad to be your "choice" of hotels when you are in our area. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you again.
Michigan
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Newer holiday inn express between Baltimore and DC. Very quiet even when totally booked with bus loads of St. Patrick Day celebrants. Grocery store and several restaurants nearby. It is slightly tricky to find without a GPS. Confusing entrance. This is a great value and a good choice. Clean, quiet, with all the usual perks for a good price.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank JanandClan
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Our staff and management would like to than you for you most recent stay with our hotel and we are pleased that you found our location to be what you was looking for and hoping for. We look forward seeing you again soon.
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in January 2014. The hotel is standard Holiday Inn Express. Reliable, clean and comfortable. My only minor complaint about the room was that there was only one bar of soap in the room. This may sound petty but most of us keep a bar of soap at the sink and one in the shower. I would like to do the same thing while I am traveling. This hotel does need to do something about getting people to their entrance from the roads surrounding the property. The building is clearly visible from MD 100 which runs behind the hotel. However once you get off the highway it is difficult to find the property because there seems to be a lack of signage. Also the actual driveway entrance is not clear at all. It is actually off a strip mall which you enter via a gas station. It was strange. Now that I know how to get there I would stay at this Holiday Inn Express again if I am in the area. Clearly directing people to the entrance of the hotel will get your guests in quickly and prevent wayward souls from getting frustrated. PS- Why is hotel Orange Juice always so weak? I know it is the most popular juice but it also tastes really bad when there isn't enough concentrate...

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces MD 100 which is a major highway in the area. You may want a room on the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TravellerMH
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Our Team would like to thank you for your most recent stay with our location. We do value your business and your comments in reference to the signage for locating our property, and with our Orange Juice as well, we have discussed with our vendor to fix the issue, so we do thank you for this as well. We hope to see you again real soon and again we do value your business.
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We scheduled our family reunion at this HI Express. Melanie set up our block of rooms and booked the meeting space for our planned get-together. She is excellent to work with. All services we performed professionally and without error. Our out-of-towners were very happy with the accommodations and the public space for "hanging out." I'll definitely contact this hotel again for other events or visitors.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MMLSTRENG
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Our Staff and Management would like to thank you for your most recent visit to our location in Elkridge Mayrland. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope if you are in the area again we shall be your home away from home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#4 of 12 in Columbia
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia
SpringHill Suites Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!