“Very good appearance and comfortable stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A very nice hotel, with clean, attractive appearance and quiet, comfortable room. The breakfast is a notch above the norm with an attractive layout and good, hot cinnamon rolls. sausage, granola, etc. Also a very good value -- less than $100 for a Sat. night with the AAA rate.

Front desk agent forgot to give WiFi access code and the breakfast hours, but that's ok.

Very convenient to the interstate. Asked for room in the front just to make sure there would be no highway noise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CrazyAboutAcadia
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

The management and staff would like to thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending 10 business days at this property. Everything was perfect from the time my reservation was taken until the time I left to return home. Had a single glich with the billing process but it was corrected in a matter of hours. Would I recommend this hotel to other travellers, definately. I will stay at this property anytime I'm in the Columbia area. The hot breakfast is a plus at this hotel and is as good as the hotel staff, who are more than helpful. Thanks Dan to you and your great staff.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room on this property if your looking for quite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Our staff and management would like to thank you for your recent stay with our hotel. Thank you for you listing us as "one of your Favorites" . We proud ourself on "Great Hotels Guest Love". We hope to see you again soon in the future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The jacuzzi room featured a large jacuzzi that fits multiple people. The king bed was comfortable with a variety of pillows ranging from soft to firm. The only drawback was the room was directly across from the meeting room, so it was not totally quiet for a short time.

The hotel is secluded between the highway (maybe three minutes from I-95) and a shopping strip, so it was isolated, although somewhat confusing to enter at first. But the highlight of my stay was the customer service. It was my first time at a Holiday Inn Express, but Antoine, who was the agent on duty, went above and beyond to ensure a comfortable welcome stay. He was friendly to chat with and satisfied all my requests as quickly as possible.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

The management and staff would like to thank you for your recent visit to our property and excited that you enjoyed your relaxing stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

You can't lose with getting a suite at a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very friendly too. This location is tucked in the back of a mall, so it's visible from the Highway, but you need to drive through the mall or gas station to get to the entrance.

Room Tip: Suites are large. North side rooms are away from highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bruce h
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

The management and staff would like to reach out to you and thank you very much for your recent stay at our location and when your travels brings you back to the area, we would personally like to welcome you back to our location.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed one night here on our way to DC and Hilton Head based on positive T.A. reviews. Nice clean hotel with large rooms. Beds were extremely comfortable. Staff was great. We agree with the other positive reviews and would recommend this hotel. Breakfast was also good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with our location, the management and staff would like to thank you for your stay and hopefully to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

After a terrible experience with the Holiday Inn Express in Middleboro, MA, (rude manager) I swore I would never stay at a Holiday Inn Express again, however, I was convinced by the customer service department that this poor service was not the norm. With that said, I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and was met by some of the friendliest staff. They went above and beyond to make certain our stay was comfortable. The hotel is well maintained to the highest standards. The rooms were immaculately cleaned. You did drive a bit after you exited I-95, but the drive was well worth the few miles. I would most definitely stay here each time I head south.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Management and staff would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Express chain because of the nice breakfast that's included with your stay, and the choices available at this location was wonderful! This was the first time that I saw a pancake machine, and there were all types of fresh muffins, flavored coffees and juices.

My room was great; spacious and very clean, the bed was really comfortable, and it was nice to have a selection of pillows to choose from; firm or soft.

The staff was great - I had to check in a bit later than I planned, almost 8:30pm and the young lady who helped me (Nadyia?) was cordial and welcoming, and was most accommodating when I requested a later checkout because I am Priority Club member.

The next morning I met the front desk manager, Dan Eisenmann, and he was so very helpful. I went to load some things in my car and my card key had expired; he was kind enough to cheerfully re-key it for me so that I could finish loading up and out.

All in all, this was a very pleasant stay and I will definitely stay again when I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I had a King Leisure and it was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to our location, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
Hilton Garden Inn BWI Airport
#3 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!