Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desksoccer tournamentnice breakfastbeds were comfortableclean hotelnice staystayed one nightfitness centeryogurtwe've stayedindoor poolwould stay here againfree breakfastthe breakfast areanadiahiebaltimore
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here again this year with the family (3 kids; infant, 2 and 5 yo). Check-in had slight glitch in that the crib we requested was not in our room. The evening attendant came to fix this glitch and gave us a damaged crib, which he promptly replaced. It was clear that he did not have much training on dealing with cribs. We also found two wet wash cloths left behind in the bathroom. These were also removed promptly by the attendant. I must say that the evening attendant did an admirable job, though he could use a bit more training with the crib!

Breakfast was excellent as usual with fresh fruit, milk, juice, bagels, eggs, etc. All very well maintained. We look forward to staying here the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: We have not yet stayed in a bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

The management and staff would like to thank you for your recent visit to our location and happy to have learned that our staff was able to fix the glitches and made your stay with us a enjoyable one. We look forward to your visit with us again soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Checked in by Stephen who had a smile and showed genuine interest in our enjoyment of our room. I used to work front desk at a hotel, as poorly as they are treated sometimes, it says a lot about his enthusiasm. The room was perfect. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well stocked. The rooms even have thermostats, which is missing from most hotels. It was our first night away from our kids in over a year, and made for a very relaxing and romantic night. Tip: don't go far for drinks or dinner. The Mexican and Italian restaurants next to this hotel are wonderful. Try the sangria at the Mexican one!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ocnomad

The management and staff of the Holliday Inn Express would like to thank you for your recent visit to our location and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wedding party, my wife, and I recently stayed at this hotel and found that it exceeded our expectations in every way. My guests commented on the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, the pleasant front desk and breakfast staff, and calm yet convenient atmosphere. As an airline pilot, I travel for work all over the world and recognize a well-run hotel when I see one; this one definitely exceeds expectations. At the front desk I dealt mainly with Stephen and found him reliably curteous and professional. I recommend this facility and will use it again the next time family or friends are in-town. Excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the property and Stephen. He is new to our team and it is great to see the guests are confirming that he is doing a great job. I am so pleased that you and your guests enjoyed staying with us and we welcome you back whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Thank you to the team at Holiday Inn Express in Elkridge, Maryland. The service was excellent and special shout out to Vy. Vy greater whether coming or going with Mr. Tanner. That is 5 star service and Vy should be recognized for her excellence in service. For 20+ years I was a restaurant manager and understand the importance of staff and genuine passion for customer service. Vy, Nadia and team have that passion. When I visit the Baltimore area, I will forever stay at the Elkridge HI Express and it is because of the staff mentioned. Thank you for making my loyalty to HI feel like it is valued.

I just read a statement below about being a genuine review. Please feel free to contact me for any questions. 12/3-12/5 #213

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David T
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Mr. Tanner, you have no idea how estatic Vy is since reading your review!! That was her 1st day working with us and just as we thought, she is a STAR! Vy, Nadia, and the entire team were celebrating when your review was posted because we are all so proud of the amazing people we get to work with. Thank you for taking the time to do this review and for recognizing my team. You are ALWAYS valued by us and we can't wait for your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel was very clean and property is definitely up to date and kept up. Previously being in the hotel field for 5 years myself I definitely know what to look for. Its not just a wonderful and beautiful property, but it is certainly up to the employees to make the stay outstanding. Asmita was very friendly and asked any questions I had about the area and finding my way around. Definitely recommend this property 100% for anyone staying in the Elkridge area. The only thing missing in the room was a microwave that would have gave it an Excellent choice, but very nice property!

Room Tip: I am sure all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for such a great review and compliment on Asmita. She really is wonderful and truly enjoys helping our guests. I am honored to work with her and the entire team as they honestly enjoy what they do daily. They are a great group of people. As for the microwaves in rooms, those are actually in our suites. During your next visit to the area, feel free to see if one is available. They are beautiful!