Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando
“pretty perfect”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My mother and I stayed here for 5 nights. This is a very clean and modern hotel. The bed was comfortable. You can hear the traffic from the highway just outside the window. It didn't bother me, but my mom mentioned it. Simple holiday inn express breakfast provided daily - I love the pancake machine. I wish there was a safe in the room. Coffee is available all day, but it generally was not hot the evenings we got some. It is located next to a gas station, super market, and local restaurants. For my first arrival, it was a tricky entry, and I missed it. I pulled into the gas station each time to reach the road to the hotel. There is another turn location before this, but you will always drive into a plaza or gas station in order to get to the road to the hotel. It's about 15-20 minutes to the inner harbor. The greenbelt metro station (to dc) is the closest to the hotel and very convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that your mom could hear the traffic outside, please let her know that. Although we do not have in room safes, we do offer complimentary safety deposit boxes for our guests. During your next trip, just let us know if you need one- we will be glad to help you with it. I also want to Thank you for letting us know about the coffee not being hot in the evenings. As an avid coffee drinker,I can assure you that this is being corrected immediately. We look forward to your next visit. Maybe we can enjoy some HOT coffee in the Great Room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The staff at this hotel was outstanding and ever so accommodating whatever the request. The staff, most notable was Asanta at the evening front desk and Jesse, were courteous and professional & dealt well with a group our size. They handled a full house of guests including soccer teams and church groups & the manner in which they dealt with guest requests, parents and players was admirable. The restaurant recommendations were right on, even providing discount coupons. The hotel itself was clean, comfortable with a fantastic breakfast but the staff was the remarkable difference that will bring us back to this property. Kudos to Asanta & Jesse!

Room Tip: Choose opposite side from highway to eliminate road noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Jesse and Asmita are so excited your remembered them. They are a joy to work with and I am so honored to have them as a part of our team. We are all happy that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you on your next visit.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm not sure how long this property has been open but it still had the new carpet smell. Had a suite with a couch, microware, fridge and wet bar. Very nice and clean. You can see the hotel from the highway but have to weave on the service drive to get there and through the parking lot of a gas station. Could be a little difficult to find, especially at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for this wonderful review. We just celebrated our 3rd birthday June of this year. The team and I work very hard to make sure we always look brand new because our guests deserve nothing but that. Yes, we can be a little difficult to get to since you have to use the service road at the Exxon but we like to call it a part of our charm. We are close enough to be seen from the highway, but far enough away that you can forget the stress of driving. We look forward to seeing you again and THANK YOU so much for the wonderful review!
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at the hotel this past week for 4 nights was so pleased with the quality of the hotel. The customer service, the cleanliness of the rooms and the great breakfast were all great. I would definitely say this was probably the best hotel I have stayed at in 15 years. The entire staff was fantastic and I would stay here anytime I could. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
What an awesome review! Thank you so much. The team and I are ecstatic about your comments!! Our goal is to keep our guest happy and to ensure they receive the best service possible. We look forward to your next stay with us!
NY
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a wedding to attend at 12 noon and were traveling from New York. The staff made a special exception and allowed us to check in at 10am (check in time is usually at 3pm). The hotel is very clean and the breakfast was great! Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I am so glad we were able to accommodate you during that special event. It’s not always possible but we always do our best to honor early check ins. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I travel a lot for work and this hotel is the best!!!!! The staff are wonderful specially Angela, Timera, Heather and Nadia they are just the BEST. They make sure I left like home and the suite was very well laid out and super clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ms. Jaz, thank you so much for your review! You know you have Timera and Heather dancing for the personal mention and Nadia won’t stop smiling! You have made their day! We can’t wait for you to come back and visit us.
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels to stay at while in the Baltimore area. Staff is friendly and the rooms are very nice with a great 32" flatscreen to help me forget I'm away from home! Stay twice a month and plan on doing so for a while.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank MCS913
Thank you very much for the review. As I am sure you know, you are always welcomed to stay more than twice a month with us….just make sure you book early so we have a room for you! Now, what do we need to do to be your ONLY favorite hotel in the Baltimore Area? As you know, the team and I strive to take care of all of our guests, so we really want to be your #1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#4 of 12 in Columbia
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia
SpringHill Suites Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!