“Excellent staff, great rooms!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express after our power went out during a bad storm. We were so glad that we did! Dan at the front desk was so helpful with accommodating our son with special needs. The hotel is beautifully decorated and so clean! Our room was big, clean and had everything that we could possibly need. What had started out as a bad weekend without power ended up to be a nice weekend at a great hotel with excellent staff!! The staff really knows how to take care of their guests! We would stay there again in a heart beat and next time I see storm clouds coming, I'm making reservations!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Katherine24113
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I’m glad we were able to turn your weekend around. That storm was just horrible!! Dan and the team take great pride in the hotel and taking care of our guests. Our hope is that the next time you visit with us, it will be under better circumstances. However, if you ever need us, we will be there for you. Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Much of the Mid-Atlantic region lost power after a horrible wind and rain storm June 28, and we were among the unfortunates who were left sweltering in the 100 degree heat. After two fitful nights trying to sleep at home Friday and Saturday, we decided to check into a hotel Sunday for as many nights as needed until the power came back on. Because the hotel is close to our house, and my husband is a Holiday Inn Priority Club member, we decided to try the Elkridge Holiday Inn Express.

These folks were fantastic. We got one of the last 2 rooms available, and the manager Dan and front desk clerk Nadia were cheerful, understanding, and accommodating to the many of us (80 percent of the hotel's guests Sunday night) who were escaping hot houses and the lack of power for all our electronic devices. We made our reservation in the morning, and were reminded that if we got our power back, we could cancel the reservation by 6 pm with no charge. They also warned us ahead of time that the room probably would not be ready by 3 pm (it wasn't) because of late check-outs by other unexpected guests escaping the heat, but they did their best to get us into a room as quickly as possible.

The hotel is like any other Holiday Inn Express property -- clean, free wi-fi, refrigerator in room, free breakfast -- but the staff at the Elkridge hotel truly are among the most customer-oriented hotel staff that I've encountered in my (many!) years of travel.

It's great knowing that these guys are just down the road from our house, and we certainly will recommend them to visitors from out of town.

Room Tip: Rooms on one side of the hotel overlook Route 100, a fairly busy highway. It might be better to ask...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Wow! This is one of the best reviews we have ever gotten- THANKS! That weekend was very busy because of that horrible storm. I am just so happy that we were able to take care of our neighbors when they needed us. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the indoor pool as well. Thank you so much for the wonderful words about the team. I tell everyone that I am privileged to work with an amazing group of people. If you ever need us, we will be here for you. Enjoy the rest of your summer….in air conditioning! :-)

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were without power for several days and the Holiday Inn Express in Elkridge came through for us. Excellent service at check-in (Nadia), very helpful and accommodating when we needed to add days to our reservation (James) and very understanding in the morning when we got our power back and needed to cancel the final 2 days of our stay (Dan).

The only two drawbacks were: NO pets and they had issues getting wireless internet to work.

Room Tip: Room on 4th floor had very good AC.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us! I’m so very happy we were able to take care of you during the storm. Since we had so many families staying with us, it did put a strain on our wireless system. I’m so sorry about that. I also understand the drawback of not being able to bring your family pet with you.

Angela Le Grand

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great hotel! We stay here on a regular basis whenever visiting family in Maryland. Our family in Maryland is mostly in Westminster, which is not close; however, this hotel is worth the drive. The staff is helpful, the breakfast excellent, the rooms and public areas are well-maintained. This hotel has provided consistent quality for us for quite some time now. We will definitely be staying again!

Room Tip: We have stayed in rooms on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors. They are all clean and well maintained.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

WOW! This is your 3rd review on us, Thanks so much!! We’ve hung your review up in the team center for everyone to see that our regular guests will continue to give us reviews. Thank you for noticing our continued efforts to improve and for continuing to stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and welcomed. Make sure you stop at the desk during your next visit so we can stop playing the guessing game trying to figure out who you are. The suspense is driving Dan & I insane (not that it would take a lot to do this).

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here just this past week with my family. Got adjoining rooms. Rooms were big and clean and nice. Pool are and fitness center was great too. Every employee there kept asking me how my stay was. The lady setting up the morning breakfast even handed my 16 month old son a bag of candy after his breakfast. The manager, Angela, was so nice and helpful. The girls at the front desk were so friendly to me and my kids, and the night desk man, James I think, was a pleasant person to ask about things to do around with small kids and teenagers. If you come to visit Baltimore or DC, stay here!!!!!! I felt safe here and so did my family.

Room Tip: The Chinese place in walking distance is the reason I clicked excellent on restaurant here. There a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

This review has Martha smiling from ear to ear!! Thank you! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. You know you are always welcome to hang out with us, just make sure you bring the kids again! It’s so rare that night auditors are mentioned on here so James is happy too for the compliment! Thank you so much for taking the time to do the review and we’ll see you on your next trip out here!!!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Not only were the rooms extemely clean and pretty, all the staff were warm and made us feel welcome. We travelled as a bus group and they had a reception for us when we arrived. Then when we left they all came out and gave us a sendoff we never expected. Will never forget their smiling faces and willingness to make our stay memorable

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Awe! We had a blast with you guys. I have to say, that was one of our best receptions ever. Our 3rd anniversary is coming up and we are planning a reception for it on June 13th but I don’t think Timera will Zumba without you guys there! Yes, that’s your invitation to bring the group back down here to hang out with us!  I’m going to make sure the entire team sees your review and we truly had so much fun with you all. You have to come back…maybe we can Heather to Zumba with Timera??? Thanks again for such a great review and letting us take care of you on your tour trip!

Angela & the team

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I love this hotel. Clean, smells good, the rooms are so beautiful, the neighborhood is great, convinient, safe. New and the decoration is fabulous. I will recommend it 100%. Amazing hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you! We love that you love us! Thank you so much for the review and the recommendation!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#4 of 12 in Columbia
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!