“Good Italian, Monster Portions”
Review of Mamma Lucia of Columbia - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mamma Lucia of Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Dayton, MD
“Good Italian, Monster Portions”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Have tried the pizza and subs before at carry out; very good. Had a sit down dinner this time. Very good food and outstanding service. We had the veal special and eggplant parmesan. Both dishes were delicious, and the portions were whopping! Side salad had the best balsamic vinegarette dressing that I ever had. Took balance home for later. Recommended.

• Visited August 2013

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Good food.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Fast and good service,food was real good. I had no complaints. We had chicken parm and everything was served hot and fast.

Visited March 2013
Beijing, Beijing, China
“Another Option”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you love Italian food but are tired of your usual routine, you might try Mamma Lucia's. It has a lot going for it; nice decor, wide variety of freshly made pasta sauces, delicious cocktails - something for everyone. I ordered the chicken Chesapeake. It came awash with lump crab meat and a savory mustard sauce. The leftovers heated up nicely for a lunch the next day. My dining companion was disappointed with her choice of lasagna but I find that a very risky dish to order in a restaurant. Going back for a lunch on another occasion, I was very impressed with their pasta puttanesca. It had a generous amount of good olives and anchovies. My lunch companion loved her Alfredo. A request for extra sauce to make it even more sinful was cheerfully granted immediately. Two suggestions are to forgo the garlic bread in favor of what they oddly call "white bread" (homemade Italian rolls) and to try the cocktail of the day. On our first visit the cilantro Absolute Margarita was a subtle winner and on the second a pear-Midori cocktail was a refreshing change of pace. On both visits the service was pleasantly efficient and the manager stopped by to make sure all was as it should be in our little Italian world.

• Visited July 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“Not so good...”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I were traveling for business. We ordered pizza from Mamma Lucia and had it delivered. After the delivery guy left, we opened the box and saw that all of the cheese and toppings had slid to one side, as if the box was carried sideways. We called and spoke to a manager and were offered a free meal in the future. We explained that we were just here on business and would not benefit from a meal in the future. The manager said, "Too bad, I can't refund or give you a new pizza without seeing the one you got, do you want to bring it in?". Needless to say, we had been on the go all day and really didn’t want to go anywhere, which is why we got delivery. We did what we could with the pizza and ate a couple of slices. Even if it had been delivered properly, the pizza was mediocre at best.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Great place to get take out !”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Mamma Lucia has good pizza. I only get take out from the Columbia location. The staff is always friendly. I agree with Jen F that the food is pricy for dinner. I can't wait to try their Fredrick location. Their Rockville location is also good.

• Visited July 2013