“Previously Enjoyed..Now Dissapointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Mimis Cafe
Ranked #24 of 60 Restaurants in Elkridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Previously Enjoyed..Now Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

It's funny how one little thing can really change your thoughts about a place...

My family and I go to Mimi's Cafe on a fairly regular basis and always enjoy it and their food. This past weekend our family and friends did a race together and we thought a fun way to continue our day would be brunch at Mimi's. We came in two groups and it was a big party. My mom had accidentally miscounted our party number and it turned out the table we had was too small.
The manager (or so she appeared) was SO rude and said ," What do you think I just have big tables like this sitting around?" At that I wanted to walk out but because we were all there (including my in-laws from PA)but we stayed for convenience sake. I was so disgusted by her attitude that the chance we will return as frequently is extremely small. What a disappointment when a place you normally enjoy puts such a bitter taste in your mouth. Lose the attitude, we are spending $$ in your restaurant. :(

The only bright note is that our waitress made up for the horrible hostess/manager whoever she was. Our waitress was very attentive and helped get us all fed quickly. :)

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Baltimore, Maryland
“I've had very good service and the food was quite good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I've been to this Mimi's before, and went again last night. I enjoyed a decent Margarita and a very good meal from their "fit" menu; the roasted turkey with steamed veggies. Both were excellent, good portion, and about 12 bucks. my dining companion had the pumpkin cheesecake and said it was great. i had coffee for dessert and it was fine. The service was very good. Too bad others seem to have encountered poor service, I've been to this location several time and its been consistently good for me.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had breakfast there for the first time today and it was quite nice. Received a friendly greeting and were seated promptly. There were a number of interesting omelets and other breakfast items, and the omelets we chose were quite tasty! We substituted toast for the standard muffin. Our only complaint is that the coffee was somewhat bland, reminding us of the Bob Evans across the street. We'll definitely be going back again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maryland
“Food not healthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

very fatty menu. not much consideration for healthy choices. nutritional values were scary for the food there.

Visited November 2011
Columbia, Maryland
“Limited/mediocre dessert options”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

It was our first time - we live not too far away, but have never been there before, we tried a couple of times, but it was always an extremely long wait.. It was a regular Tuesday night so we did not expect too many people, but it was quite busy. Overall, it was not too bad - the service was decent, the appetizers were OK, but our main purpose was to have some good dessert - and we were dissapointed... We ordered the cheesecake, which was nice - very well presented and tasted OK and a chocolate cake, but the chocolate cake was a major dissapointment. My two-year-old tried it and immediately spit it out, so I thought "That's not good, since she absolutely adores chocolate" - although I know I should not judge by what a little child does or feels. Anyway, it was not too bad, but just I had a feeling that it was really mediocre. We were unsure what restaurant to go to and our other choice was La Madeleine in Columbia and I think it would probably have been a better choice, especially for dessert.

• Visited July 2012