“Bacon was the bomb” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mimis Cafe
Ranked #25 of 60 Restaurants in Elkridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, Maryland
“Bacon was the bomb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went here for breakfast. Coffee and bacon were awesome. Service a little slow during a non busy time, but not a problem.

Columbia, Maryland, United States
“Broad menu, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I ate here last Saturday night when the power was out in MD due to the thunderstorms. They claimed they were slammed, but I saw 4-6 tables open consistently. It appeared they weren't slammed, but understaffed and not used to a heavy dinner crowd. Our server brought us to our table which wasn't wiped down, then to a table with people still at it, then back to the original table which had finally been wiped down. My order was a cup of soup and an entree and my wife ordered a salad with a veggie burger on top. They aced the veggie burger on top, though $2.50 or $2.99 for one veggie burger on a salad is a total rip off. Anyway, the bread you normally receive didn't come until we asked for it, then when we asked for silverware, it never came and we had to take it from another table as the bread arrived and we had neither plates nor silverware to eat it with. My entree came before my soup, which was unsettling and really soured the meal experience. Unfortunately, the cajun chicken alfredo that I ordered was one of the worst meals I've had in some time. The "cajun alfredo" was vegetable or canola or peanut oil which was smothered all over everything in the dish and created a nice 2 mm pool of thick, red oil on the bottom. Once I got down to the bottom, I had to stop eating the meal. It was really, really awful. I would award the kitchen negative points on the meal if I could. The sausage was burned and the pork loin was gristle. The pasta was cooked well though and the server was very friendly, so I can't give the place only 1 star. I would've complained, but my wife and I had to get home to feed our infant and since timing was not something Mimi's Cafe could handle that night, we just said screw it and left. For the first time out since our infant was born, Mimi's Cafe left us with a nice sour milk taste in our mouth!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Fabulous Breakfast Spot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Menu choices broad and diverse. Service top notch. It was a busy Sunday morning but this place performs.

Loved that they have turkey sausage. Si many places have only s plethora of choices of pork. Do not eat pork so I highly value places that take us open abstainers into consideration.

Prices reasonable for a high quality breakfast.

Maryland
“Always good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner here and every meal has been delicious and reasonably priced. The portions are ample and sometimes I have left overs. I've tried several different items on the menu and everything has been good. I really liked the chicken, mushroom, spinach crepes! And the breads they serve before your meal are so good! The service here has been very good as well. Also, I have yet had to wait to be seated. To top it off the prices are good and you can find coupons on their website.

• Visited April 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“Good food at a good price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

The food is good, and there is a wide variety. Prices are reasonable. Love their hibachi salmon and blackened salmon. Plus their turkey dinner is great.

• Visited April 2012