“Excellent hotel with a very professional, helpful and courteous staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Edgewood-I95

Holiday Inn Express Edgewood-I95
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Morris, Illinois
“Excellent hotel with a very professional, helpful and courteous staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I have stayed at this location 3 times since Dec 13 and the service is excellent. The rooms are cleaned thoroughly ever day. The staff is very helpful and courteous, and acts professional at all times. The location is a little distance from the PeachBottom Power Plant where I visit; however, there are very few hotels/motels any closer and I do not mind the drive when my hotel stays have been enjoyed as these have been at this location.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sunman, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

A very nice holiday inn I stay at diffrent holiday inns 3 night every week and this one is as good asit gets. The staff here is first class Jacqueline and the staff are first class

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Just completed an extensive project at the Aberdeen Proving Ground. My crew and I stayed at various hotels in the area during the early portions of the project. We finally settled at the Holiday Inn Express (primarily because of the Manager - Jacqui McDonald), we found Jacqui and the other managers very accomodating to our crazy schedule during the project.

The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home the last couple of months. Rest assured that when we conduct business in the APG area, Holiday Inn is our first choice (so book early, this hotel does indeed fill up for a reason). Great place to stay for the traveler conducting business in the Aberdeen area.

Very clean (even remodling some rooms, even though they do not need it), comfortable, affordable. Just minutes from downtown Bel Air which has just about every type of food you could want (within 5 miles).

Nice breakfast in the morning, friendly trust worthy staff to take of your room.

Highly Recommend

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Martinsburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

We had my wife's prescription of muscle relaxers taken from our room while we were out. We are concerned for a number of reasons. I called the hotel directly on the morning of January 2nd and spoke to the assistant manager, Jackie. I told here we had gone through all of our bags and my wife's purse after we drove back home as I did not want to wrongly accuse anyone. Even though my wife knew the pills were not where she had left them when we gathered up our things to check out. I told Jackie I would be returning up there next week as I have more work to do at the county jail and would be staying there again. I asked her to confront the folks that cleaned our room and give them the opportunity to return the pills anonymously and that if they did I would not fill out a police report. She was insistent about telling me I was mistaken and that there was no way anyone would have taken them. She said they search their bags daily. I said , I work at inmate facilities, if they can get things past the guards someone could surely get something as small as pills past them. She insisted I was wrong and said I did not have to stay there the next time and that I signed a waiver at check-in stating they were not liable for anything missing from my room. She then went on to tell me she felt it was an insult for me to suggest such a thing and that she was sure we had misplaced them somewhere else. I told her I felt it was in insult to me for the way I was being treated from her. I asked for the GM, she said he was not in, I asked for his name, she told me it was Keyur and that he was out of country and that she was sure he would agree with her and that she would be the one to handle this anyway. I feel she missed the point. I know the pills were taken from my room. My wife's name is on the bottle, she had several refills and it says so on the bottle. If I had got them back I would have destroyed them and gotten more. This is not about a loss as much as it is about the drugs being in the wrong hands.
Yes, my wife now knows she can not leave anything like this or of any value in the rooms from now on.
I will have the police meet me out there next week to fill out a report, not against Holiday Inn but so they can watch for these drugs being refilled by the wrong people.
In closing I will not stay there ever again, I do travel a lot and usually stay at Holiday Inn, this is the first time I have had this happen. I strongly feel Jackie needs to get some better management skills. I understand the need to protect company and co-workers but she was to the point of rude about her stance and automatically came to a split decision that I was wrong and that what I was suggesting was an insult.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank JonLuke
EdgewoodMD, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edgewood-I95, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time to go onto TripAdvisor and give us more feedback about our property. Your insights and opinion have been very much appreciated by all of our staff. We would like to reitterate to you how dedicated and hardworking our housekeeping staff is here. They have been here each for almost five years and never once have they ever been accused of hotel theft such as this. Just last week the same housekeeper, Edvin who cleaned your room came to me with a $100.00 dollar bill that a previous guest had left in a room when they checked out. That is dedication, honor and integrity shown in a very large capacity. This situation you are refering to in regards to a missing bottle of pills is a simple case of misplacement. Our housekeepers have all been approached about this situation and are trained and understand the reprocussions that occur in dealing with guest lost and found.

The extreme in this situation is the idea that a hotel housekeeper could have smuggled the bottle of pills in places unbenounced to any managers here, like the inmates do in the county jails you work for. Our Spanish speaking housekeepers have now asked me to explain to them what muscle relaxers are, and have assured me if they for some reason come across the bottle they will make me aware. Our housekeepers are a part of our family and they are extremely honest and loyal to their jobs and they understand the consequences involved in hotel theft. They have been trained, and re-trained, and re-trained in the steps to take when guests leave behind even an empty pizza box in the room.

But, thank you again Mr. Chapman for all of your insights and we look forward to helping you further in your search for your missing bottle. Have an excellent day!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Very nice and clean. Updated look. Excellent service. No hastle check-in and check-out. Great breakfast! I felt well taken care of in a nice clean and visually comforting room! Thanks for the wonderful attention to detail and warm reseption!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
EdgewoodMD, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edgewood-I95, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
We are so pleased to hear how happy you were during your stay with us! We pride ourselves on a warm, friendly reception; and we are happy to know that it caught your attention! Thank you for your kind comment, please come back and visit us soon- we look forward to seeing you soon!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night after spending the day in Baltimore. The hotel is conveniently located off I-95, grouped in an area with several other hotels. Check-in was fast and easy and the front desk clerk was very pleasant. Two days before our stay, I called the hotel and requested that our 2 queen bed room reservation be changed to a king bed room and was told that the change would be made. However, upon check-in, we were given a room with 2 queen beds and because it was late and we were tired, we didn't ask to be moved. The room was clean and nicely appointed with a flat screen tv, a small refridgerator, a microwave and a coffee pot. The bed was very comfortable. Our room price included the Express Start breakfast, but we didn't try it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last year. The staff is very nice however I must say that they should get a new manager. I observed her yelling and using profanity with the staff. I will not return because of this behavior.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Comfort Inn & Suites Aberdeen Proving Ground Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air

Been to Holiday Inn Express Edgewood-I95? Share your experiences!