“Not Bad...Not Good. What You'd Expect...”

Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Ocean City, Maryland
“Not Bad...Not Good. What You'd Expect...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

.....It was just what you (should) expect from a Ramada. It was clean enough. It was friendly enough at the Front Desk.
My only gripe is that the soda machine was sold out of everything, but considering that they cater to TONS of Little League teams at this location, it doesn't surprise me.
For a hotel of this (average) quality and (average) price, I was just happy there were no bedbugs!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
NYC
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Booked a one night here the weekend of March 23, 2013. Made a reservation for 2 double beds in a non smoking room. However when we arrived at the hotel, the clerk claimed that all they had was non smoking king or a smoking double. As we had a small infant with us, I was certainly not going to take the smoking room. The clerk blamed price line for the mix up, and claimed that price line "does this all the time", which I find very hard to believe. The clerk was rude and was being a "smart-!$#". Price line of course said that the hotel was at fault. In addition we asked for a crib from the hotel, and when it was delivered (it was actually a glorified playpen) it appeared that it had not been cleaned in a decade. I nearly wanted to vomit. I folded it up ad placed it outside the room immediately. One other thing, at night the lobby is closed and all there is, is a night clerk with a small window at the lobby if you need anything. Not exactly a professional set up, as I have never seen something like this. Avoid this hotel, there are better alternatives nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
rccgm, General Manager at Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello and Thank you for choosing and sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Ramada Conference Center in Edgewood Maryland. All of us at the Ramada value our guest’s feedback so that we know what we are doing right and in some cases what we are doing not so right.

Our clerk was right in that Priceline is infamous for reserving the right type of room (double vs. king) but not getting it right when it comes to smoking vs. non-smoking. The weekend that you stayed with us, all of our non-smoking double rooms were booked by a soccer team and a bunch of scrap bookers. The scrap bookers have been on the books for the last year (they come each year) and the soccer team since last summer. That said, there is no way that the folks at Priceline could have had access to our non smoking doubles simply because there were none available to them. My recommendation to our guests that use third party websites for their reservations is to call the hotel immediately after the room is booked so that they can confirm their reservations and this gives the guest the opportunity to ask about anything else that they may need (playpens, rollaway beds) that would make their stay more comfortable.

Speaking of playpens, I was disheartened to read that the playpen that was delivered to your room was not in perfect condition. The housekeeping manager and I will be taking a look at all of our playpens this week and we will do whatever it takes to be sure that all of our playpens are in mint condition.

As far as the night window, I wish that we lived In a world that we did not have to “lock up” at night. But we don’t. The truth of the matter is, when you have a business that accepts cash and is right off of I-95 (gas staions, banks, hotels) chances are they are “locking up” for the safety of not only the employees but the guests as well.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Ramada Conference Center in Edgewood Maryland. My hope is that you will come and stay with us again the next time that you are visiting the area.

Thomas Cleaver

Travelers are raving about these Edgewood hotels

Baltimore
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel rates itself as a 3-star hotel. Most sites rate it 2-star but it is rated 3-star by Travelocity. I booked it as a secret hotel thinking I was getting a 3-star hotel. It is actually somewhat below 2-star. It is a very old, outside entry hotel. The wallpaper was torn and the shower caulk was partially missing. It wasn't dirty but everything was quite worn. When I found out what hotel it was, I looked it up and tried to cancel but there are no refunds.

Room Tip: If you just want a cheap room and aren't at all picky, this may be your place.