“Nice clean hotel 30 minutes from Baltimore”

Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Edgewood
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Recently spent the weekend in Baltimore Needed a hotel that was clean , had a finess room,and a outdoor pool and was reasonably priced. This hotel met all of the above issues. Just 30 minutes from all that Baltimore has to offer yet half the hotel price not to mention that all the hotels in downtown charge very high prices for parking. Right next door is a Burger King and a Waffle House (open 24hrs)All the rooms have microwaves and refridgerators. Rooms were large, staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was the usual breads, cereals, yogurt, juice and coffee. Special note :hotel is two floors very spread out on the grounds with no elevator. Location, Location ask for rooms near the pool if you want to swim . Ask for rooms close to the lobby for breakfastif walking is an issue.

Room Tip: Location in this hotel all depends on your needs be specific or you could be using your car to get t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Alright, I want to start off by saying that I've stayed in some sketchy hotel rooms before, so my standards aren't exactly through the roof. However, this hotel failed to meet them. We arrived late (2am) and just wanted to sleep, so I didn't request to switch rooms. Honestly, I figured every room was probably equally awful. So, to be fair to management, I didn't discuss my issues with them.

The carpet was stained in so many places I refused to take off my shoes except when I was sitting on the bed. This is the first time I've ever had issues with the cleanliness of a hotel room. It was very obvious that the floors had not been swept and the surfaces had not been wiped down.

The tv was static 90% of the time...if you wiggled the cords just right you'd get a clear picture for a minute or two, but never longer than that. The air conditioner had a front panel that was falling off and it made a banging noise every 10 minutes that sounded like someone rattling the door to the room. We spent the first hour of trying to fall asleep being jolted awake every time it happened. Only half of the equipment in the fitness room actually worked when I attempted to use the treadmill. Basically anything that wasn't electronic was functional.

One of the weirder annoyances was the curved shower curtain rod, which was mounted at an angle. This meant that the curtain just slid down into the lowest middle point, leaving the sides wide open for water to spray out of them. Luckily I had hair clips we could use to keep it closed, but I have no idea why someone would have attached it to the wall like that.

Aside from all this though, the room was pretty quiet, the beds were decent (although 3 Ramada pillows=1 normal pillow), and the continental breakfast was one of the most comprehensive I've seen. The staff was friendly and checking in and out was a breeze. Bottom line, I can't really recommend staying here when you can get so much more at another hotel for just a little more money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SuziSlammin
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We spent a few days here while visiting family. We found the inn friendly, clean, and the room service very good. Price per night was very reasonable. Hotel has 2 floors with no elevator, so book lower level floor if you have special needs. Wifi fast and easy. Breakfast room clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed for the weekend. The first night we were concerned about some noise outside but that didn't last too long. Other than that, no noise whatsoever. Room was clean and adequate with microwave, mini fridge, and coffee pot in room! Nice work out room with treadmill & bowflex type of machine but wish the equipment was more updated. The lobby attendants were friendly, helpful and courteous--they even let us check in early! Outdoor pool was clean and had sufficient chairs for laying out. Wireless Internet worked excellent with no issues. Near mall in Baltimore and many places to eat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Was traveling from Albany NY to VA Beach, and needed a simple place to stay the night as a half way point. This a motel, meaning you drive your car up to your room. Many people were here this night, and some were staying out late sitting outside and talking, so we were a bit concerned for "noise". Our room was on the first floor which made it nice for transporting luggage. The construction was made with solid walls which kept any outside room noice to a minimum, so the "noise" was a non issue. Small bath room and double beds (we prefer queen) but very adequate. Microwave, mini fridge, and coffee pot in room - Nice! Purchased microwave popcorn in lobby. Clean. Nice work out room with treadmill & universal gym. Free continental breakfast was much better than anticipated. Very clean eating area, variety of bread, muffins, & bagels and toast.. Waffles that can be heated in Microwave, A variety of cereal and fruit - including bananas. Juice and coffee. Outdoor pool was closed by the time we arrived, and not open by the time we deparrted. Wireless Internet worked great with code from front desk. Front desk & other staff members were very friendly. For the price, this was an exceptional bargin!

Room Tip: Request a room on the First floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of traveling in Maryland during a massive power outage that affected 500,000 people in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia. I was trying to stay in Annapolis, Maryland with family, but they were without power. The nearest hotel I could find that had a room available and that had electricity was in Edgewood, Maryland about an hour away and north of Baltimore. The first night there was no problem. The second night, my wife unfortunately stopped up the toilet after dinner. I calmly and politely called the front desk and was given all kiunds of excuses like Nobody had a plunger, There isn't a maintenance person on duty, etc. I called about 5 times and each time I was given a different excuse why nothing would be done until morning. I asked the desk clerk who was making the excuses if he would like to tell our 15 year old daughter and her friend why they had to wait until 9 am the next morning to use the bathroom. I asked him to call the manager or owner and he refused saying the owner was asleep. I explained I'd be asleep to if I didn't have to explain to the girls why they couldn't go to the bathroom until morning. I called and BEGGED the frtont desk clerk to find a plunger and I'd fix the problem. Finally someone came after midnight to fix the toilet and had it fixed in 5 minutes. I checked out in the morning and requested the manager or owner call me. I checked out July 2nd and so far no one has yet called to discuss it. I will never stay in another Ramada hotel again and I won't go near Edgewood again. Very bad customer service and extremely unpleasant.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AsherTech
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Hello and Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. As this guest was saying, there was a massive power outage due to heavy storms that affected over 500,000 people in the Maryland, Virginia, DC corridor. Even the weather forecasters did not see this one coming. What started off as a relatively calm summer evening, turned into a chaotic night with long lines of people, waiting to check in to the hotel that had traveled for miles trying to stay cool in 100 plus degree weather.

This by no means excuses us from not attending to this guest in a timely manner after his wife stopped up the toilet in the room in which he stayed. All of us at the Ramada Conference Center do our very best to treat all of our guests as we would want to be treated if we were the one travelling. I was happy that our maintenance man did come from home and unstop the toilet after midnight, so that he did not have to explain to the girls why they could not go to the bathroom until the morning, but there was so much more that could have been done. I have been in touch with this guest by way of e-mail, but it looks like the damage has already been done.

I do want to thank this guest (as well as all of our guests ) for writing in and sharing their experiences at the Ramada Conference Center whether it be during a state of emergency or not. It is our guests comments and concerns that keep us going and make us the successful hotel that we are known to be

Thomas Cleaver

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The hotel was clean & bug free - which is very important!
Wifi didn't work, which was annoying. Heating /Cooling in the room was perfect. Continental breakfast was ok, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
#6 of 10 in Edgewood

Been to Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!