“Good place to spend the night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center

Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Morrisville, NC
“Good place to spend the night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were traveling on I-95 with our two young children and decided to stop here for the night. It was in a safe area and we were able to park right outside our door. The staff was friendly and the room was very, very clean! A continental breakfast was served in the morning at the reception area. Lots of good food (cereals, fruit, danish, yogurt, etc.). It was a good place to spend the night for a reasonable price!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Louisville, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

My mother and I stayed at the Ramada Inn for three nights in June. She had a smoking room and I had a nonsmoking room. Upon check in, my room had pieces of food behind the nightstand, yellow streaks on the toilet, hair in the corner of the bathroom, and what looked like a bleached stain on the sheets. I had filled out a comment card but did not get a chance to turn it in. We were gone all day. Upon return for the second nights stay, the room was cleaned spotlessly and the housekeeping staff had even found my earring back and placed it on the counter for me. Unfortunately, there were some early morning maintenance guys right outside my room , scraping and painting the seal on the deck. They were smoking cigarettes and playing loud music, and woke me up. Due to the old fashioned motor motel design, the rolling of the housekeeping carts up and down the walkway in front of my room, beginning at 8:30 a.m. , woke me up every day. I realize some guest arise by this time, but I was still on Colorado time! The late night check in clerk was very friendly and helpful upon our arrival. The women who ran the desk in the morning was unhelpful. I asked to turn the TV's down in the lobby/breakfast area (that's TV's - plural, all 3 on loudly and on different stations featuring infomercials) and was told dismissively, without eye contact, I'd have to talk to the other guests as there was nothing that could be done. The breakfast attendant the first morning was rude and seemed mostly interested in flirting with a male who was grazing at the breakfast area and who I guessed might have been her boyfriend. The pool was refreshing if you took the net and skimmed the hair and bugs off the surface yourself before diving in. All in all, a mixed bag, but I'd like to say thankyou to the friendly night check in clerk and the housekeepers who went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the car wash s next door
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cyndi01
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

Hotwire booked me a room at this hotel, I am PCS'ing to Aberdeen Proving Ground. Hotel has not been updated since the mid-80s, with no elevator... do you choose a ground-level room for convenience, or lug your stuff upstairs for security?

Hotel was loud, no evidence of sound-proofing, which is inconvenient, since it is next to I-95 and you can hear emergency vehicles all night.

Probably the worst factor was the service... I called and placed a wake-up call, but they didn't call. When I woke up by myself, I was already late for work and couldn't go to breakfast. When I asked at the desk, I was informed that the wake-up calls are placed by an automated system, WHICH DOESN'T WORK WHEN IT RAINS. I'm sorry, but this is supposed to be a conference center... shouldn't there be some sort of back-up plan if you KNOW the wakeup calls fail when it rains? I ended up being late to work, and will NOT be returning.

Room Tip: If you have a large amount of luggage, 1st floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
rccgm, General Manager at Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations! Your review does not say if you made us aware of your concerns before you left us, but I, or my staff, would have been happy to have helped you. Just last week we ordered new bed sets and bed toppings for all our sleeping rooms. Since our hotel is only two floors with plenty of ground floor rooms, we get very few requests for an elevator and being constructed of concrete block, we seldom get complaints from noise. Our guests love the fact that we are convenient to I-95 but unfortunately, I cannot control the emergency vehicles you heard. I will review your concerns about the missed wake-up call with our front desk staff but I can tell you the only time our wakeup call system does not work is when the power is out. We certainly apologize for your being late! Thank you for sharing your comments and for staying with us at the Ramada Conference Center of Edgewood Maryland.

Thomas Cleaver
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

My Husband and I were in town for our yacht clubs yearly celebration this past weekend and we stayed at the Ramada Conference Center. In years past, our friends had told us that we should stay at the Ramada Conference Center, but we always drove home. Boy are we glad this year that we stayed. We found a clean (spacious) comfortable room at a very fair price with a staff could not have been any nicer. If this Ramada is what all Ramada’s are like, you have found a customer for life. Cheers!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KirstenM_05
Calabash, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed here for Christmas Eve and Day 2009 and decided to do it again for Christmas 2010. It is a clean, basic hotel with a basic free breakfast counter. The rooms are pretty much standard. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

My wife and I stayed here while on a group tour. Our stay was brief as we arrived late at night and left early the next morning but our experience was a very good one. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the desk clerk was most pleasant.

They have a continental breakfast which is not but diabetic friendly so if your diet is a concern, you may want to visit the Denny's next door for breakfast. Other than that, our stay was nice.

• Stayed July 2010
Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

It was a last minute choice I had to make. I appreciated the great service I received from the staff. They were helpful and attentive to my families needs. They have a great continential breakfast with plenty of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereals, with tasty danishes. My kids enjoyed the pool, and the fact that they could play video games in the room. I would surely stay again. It makes a great place to spend time with the kids, and close to other nice places and shops when you want to get out.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Comfort Inn & Suites Aberdeen Proving Ground Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
#6 of 9 in Edgewood
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds

Been to Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!