“Discusting”
Review of Motel 6 Edgewood

Motel 6 Edgewood
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Edgewood
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I were traveling through and stopped there...I agree with a previous review..SHOULD BE TORN DOWN...needs new management at a minimum. Our room had no working shower (no water), a ceiling that was falling apart, no facial tissue, and no shampoo and management was less than helpful when notified. Unfortunately we were unaware of the shower issue til morning. All they said was sorry and did say to have a nice day...seriously...why rent the room out. This was when it was Best Western...They changed the name to Motel 6 and kept the staff. Looks like a reflection of owner/management and not necessarily the franchise name...reason they aren't under Best Western. Avoid the headaches stay across the street.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pfo1987

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Three of us drove for two straight days to get to Edgewater, and had to get up at 5 am the next morning to complete our trip. So being very tired from the road, what we needed was a good hot shower. Upon arrival one of us takes a shower, and comes out commenting about how it never got hot, only lukewarm. I waited until morning figuring maybe it was just a night thing. Then, joy of joys, it turns out the shower is always apparently set for some temperature that will not even let steam form on the mirror after a fairly long period of standing there hoping the water temp will crack, oh, maybe 90 or so - just to make it feel less like pool water. If they want to save money, I'd gladly not bother with their free little breakfast just so they could let us have some comfort as travelers. You also have a decent chance of getting your room near a noisy Mexican restaurant, with people out in the parking lot making noise on top of that. Best Western is a nationally known name so I'd expect this more from some unscrupulous little dive further off the highway. There are so many hotel rooms around here, just use another place. The room itself was pretty much like any other.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill190190
Reviewed November 11, 2013

the motel was clean,just needs updating...it has a nice resturant/bar...close to gas stations and a few places to eat... As a man it was fine for me to stay but doubt my wife would be happy with the bathroom....We did enjoy staying there a few years ago....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Dirty bathroom with mold on the shower and shower head. dirty shelf in the bathroom, toilet water source very dirty/moldy. trees growing from gutters. Breakfast was meager, ran out of bagels, eggs (hard boiled) had to go get items from the pantry myself because no one was there. the staff was nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Mary was GREAT @ check in! Pleasant & courteous. Helped w/ choosing restaurant which was Excellent-Tex Mex along w/ giving us a coupon. Location easy on-off interstate. Breakfast nothing to write home about. Net worked ok. Bed little soft yet not that bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The bed was cozy, pillows were fluffy, but the room was just stuffy, dirty, and damp... I came all the way from California to see my boyfriend here in Maryland and this was the only BW close to his location. We had some complications at check-in but the man at the desk that night was kind enough to let us pay in cash after I had booked the room with my credit card online. Once we got into our room by the pool area, it smelled faintly like cigarette smoke even though on the door it said it was a non-smoking room. Maybe the cigarette smoke from outside traveled into the room? I'm not sure, but it lingered in the room during our entire stay. It also got very humid in the room at times. It got so humid, the table tops were starting to feel a little wet and the carpet was warped and wet as well. It even got our socks dirty. Also, the pool hours kind of bothered me during our stay. Pool season for this hotel is "From Memorial Day to Labor Day"... Why? It was 90 degrees and humid during our stay and we would have liked a swim in the pool because it looked really nice and refreshing whenever we walked by. It was really unfortunate. Anyways... I could go on about how the walls were covered with stains and the bathroom was lined with mold in some places and other things, but I will refrain because for the money we paid... It was a decent stay and my boyfriend and I, despite the little things, we still had a good time. I would probably book another stay at this hotel in the future if they took better care of cleaning their rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Renee S
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I occasionally stay with Best Westerns because they have very comfortable beds. Not this place. Old uncomfortable beds. This place should be torn down. It is very old and has not been taken care of. Stay here at your own risk. And the smell of curry.........ugh

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KEVIN C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
#6 of 10 in Edgewood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air

Been to Motel 6 Edgewood? Share your experiences!