“Dirty little room”

Motel 6 Edgewood
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
“Dirty little room”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped into this place after a long day in DC. We arrived at 1 am, and the room is disgusting. The chairs have a film on them from not being cleaned. The floors are dirty, and I could have done a better renovation on the bathroom. They are pet friendly , but they could stand to clean the rooms better.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Melbatoast70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Friendly front desk staff. I was assigned a room with a king bed. When I got to the room, it was clear that someone else had been assigned the room. The bed was a mess and clothes were in the room. The front desk staff reduced my rate and reassigned me to a room with double beds. The AC temperature setting didn't work. The room needed some fixing up (dents in wall and cracks in ceiling). The place has a pool that I didn't use. There's a decent Mexican restaurant across the parking lot.

Room Tip: It's a crapshoot really.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travel up and down the east coast twice a year.......yes, I am a snowbird. It took a couple of trips for me to find the right places to stay. I have a small dog that must be taken into consideration. I was delighted to discover this place. I now stay here twice a year......it's a wonderful spot. The people are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are always clean and provide all that I need. I enjoy having a microwave and fridge. The breakfast is very nice and served by an efficient staff. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
palmyra
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Now I have been traveling a lot lately and have stayed in some really nice hotels, but the people at the Best western in Edgewood MD are the nicest by far. The head of housekeeping and breakfast lady went out of their way to better our stay. My kids and I had a Great time and we thank them for that!

Room Tip: the walls are thick so you not need to worry about what floor you are on.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Krissy E
portland, me
Reviewed March 24, 2013

my wife, our two little boys and i arrived around 930 pm, ready to crash for the night. the front desk staff was very nice, however that did not make up for the pungent odor that greeted us as we opened the door to our "clean room". my 5 year old said, "it smells like vomit." we agreed, i returned to the front desk, got a refund, and i will probably never try a best western again. many shady characters in the parking lot as well. did not feel safe leaving our vehicle unattended or any belongings in their for the evening. it was worth spending twice as much down the street to feel safe and sleep in a fresh room for the evening.

Room Tip: do not stay here. the hampton inn is brand new and worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mansfield, Ct.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We needed a nice place to stay that offered good value and allowed pets. This place was excellent. The room was extremely clean. The breakfast was great. The staff was friendly and the fact that a well behaved dog was allowed was great. It was no hassle for us, but the only place to eat within walking distance was the Holiday Inn across the street. Otherwise you have to drive a few minutes,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Chester, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel.
Rooms were reasonably sized with some room to move around. Very clean and orderly.
Bathroom showere was nice and the heat lamp was a nice added touch.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical breakfast at these types of hotels, but everything was fresh and tasty. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly in the breakfast area!
This is a no frills hotel and I would not want to spend a week here but for the night we needed on our trip, it fit the bill nicely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
#6 of 9 in Edgewood
Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen

Been to Motel 6 Edgewood? Share your experiences!