“Awful”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
USA
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

The non smoking room reeked of smoke. The room was very dirty. The carpet was so filthy and we could not walk bare foot. The pool was literally a duck pond. The breakfast was ok, but the attendant watched over us like a hawk. The only positive was they did offer Wi Fi access.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
bwgm1709, General Manager at Motel 6 Edgewood, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
I am disheartened to hear you found your stay aweful as we pride ourselves to make every guests stay memorable and to their satisfaction. I see you checked in during the time frame were we had just removed our pool cover and I know it doesnt look nice but we have since cleaned it and painted the complete finish and it looks great. I understand that having a breakfast attendant in the breakfast area might seem like your being watched but they are there to ensure your satisfaction and your needs are met. I will certainly address your comments on the smell of smoke in a nonsmoking room and the condition of the carpet as that is unacceptable and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please if I can be of any further assitance contact me directly at the hotel as it would be my pleasure to assit you. Thank you Shane Hart General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

This hotel travel coupon book find was great. A big, clean room, a pleasant young man at the check-in counter and a good night’s sleep left us with no complaints. It was conveniently located off of Route 95, and was a quick, straight shot into Baltimore the next morning. This hotel also had a strip of grass we used for dog walking (whereas most “dog friendly” hotels have nowhere for you to exercise your pet), and happily, there were no bed bugs. This hotel also had a safe warranty fee, so make sure if you don’t use the safe you ask that charge be removed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

Only stayed one night and did not spend much time in room. Staff was friendly and courteous. Room clean and bed comfortable. When unpacking my overnight bag the next day, I discovered that a box containing some jewelry (including my diamond engagement ring) was not there. On calling the hotel, I was told the jewelry had been found by a housekeeper and turned in and was safely locked away. This was a such a relief. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Keeseville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stopped there on my way to florida and found the hotel to be comfortable and clean but the best thing was their staff they went out of their way to accomodate me which I really appreciate. now this hotel is an older one but it still offers the same as others at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

We liked the convenience of being able to park close to our door. Alot of hotels you now have to walk through the lobby down the hall, carrying luggage. As a senior you appreciate parking outside your door.
The continental breakfast was excellent.
The room was very clean
We found the room price very reasonable.
I would highly recommend this hotel as we will be staying there on our next visit to MD

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

do not bother with this hotel if you can help it. I pre booked it thinking it was a best western so it had to be nice.WRONG. Had to be moved to 3 different rooms to get a clean one. The bath rooms did not look like they had been cleaned. still hairs in the sinks, spilled juice on the tiles etc..Front desk staff was rude and not very helpful. I feel i was ripped off for the $79 I spent on a very dirty hotel. Will think twice about booking with best western if this is the kind of hotel they would put their name on

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Hampton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

it was late, we were tired and traveling with elderly family members (if the two of us were traveling alone, we would have never stayed the night). as an employee of b/w i assumed this hotel would be spotless like the one i work @. wrong!! having a fear of the bed bug epidemic i educated myself about them, luckily no bed bugs, but little worms instead, tucked away between the mattress and sheet. the other bed was clean of bugs. in plain sight was a dead moth on the lamp shade, a child's little ball between the mattresses in the bed w/bugs, god knows how long it had been since the last vacuum! the elderly couple's room was just has nasty, we were up and out before 8a.m.. didn't even want the "free" breakfast!! after reading the other reviews i'm assuming between august 08 & august 09 they must have changed hands!!! the woman that checked us in wasn't very pleasant either. this b/w is just plain old nasty!!! don't stay here!!!
p.s. i did leave a note to the housekeeper regarding how gross the room was, and that i would be leaving a comment here instead of a tip!!!

• Stayed September 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
#6 of 9 in Edgewood

Been to Motel 6 Edgewood? Share your experiences!