“Great Value, Nice Hotel”
Review of Motel 6 Edgewood

Motel 6 Edgewood
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Edgewood
Reviewed April 9, 2011

This hotel travel coupon book find was great. A big, clean room, a pleasant young man at the check-in counter and a good night’s sleep left us with no complaints. It was conveniently located off of Route 95, and was a quick, straight shot into Baltimore the next morning. This hotel also had a strip of grass we used for dog walking (whereas most “dog friendly” hotels have nowhere for you to exercise your pet), and happily, there were no bed bugs. This hotel also had a safe warranty fee, so make sure if you don’t use the safe you ask that charge be removed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 8, 2011

Only stayed one night and did not spend much time in room. Staff was friendly and courteous. Room clean and bed comfortable. When unpacking my overnight bag the next day, I discovered that a box containing some jewelry (including my diamond engagement ring) was not there. On calling the hotel, I was told the jewelry had been found by a housekeeper and turned in and was safely locked away. This was a such a relief. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stopped there on my way to florida and found the hotel to be comfortable and clean but the best thing was their staff they went out of their way to accomodate me which I really appreciate. now this hotel is an older one but it still offers the same as others at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2010

We liked the convenience of being able to park close to our door. Alot of hotels you now have to walk through the lobby down the hall, carrying luggage. As a senior you appreciate parking outside your door.
The continental breakfast was excellent.
The room was very clean
We found the room price very reasonable.
I would highly recommend this hotel as we will be staying there on our next visit to MD

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2010

do not bother with this hotel if you can help it. I pre booked it thinking it was a best western so it had to be nice.WRONG. Had to be moved to 3 different rooms to get a clean one. The bath rooms did not look like they had been cleaned. still hairs in the sinks, spilled juice on the tiles etc..Front desk staff was rude and not very helpful. I feel i was ripped off for the $79 I spent on a very dirty hotel. Will think twice about booking with best western if this is the kind of hotel they would put their name on

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2010

it was late, we were tired and traveling with elderly family members (if the two of us were traveling alone, we would have never stayed the night). as an employee of b/w i assumed this hotel would be spotless like the one i work @. wrong!! having a fear of the bed bug epidemic i educated myself about them, luckily no bed bugs, but little worms instead, tucked away between the mattress and sheet. the other bed was clean of bugs. in plain sight was a dead moth on the lamp shade, a child's little ball between the mattresses in the bed w/bugs, god knows how long it had been since the last vacuum! the elderly couple's room was just has nasty, we were up and out before 8a.m.. didn't even want the "free" breakfast!! after reading the other reviews i'm assuming between august 08 & august 09 they must have changed hands!!! the woman that checked us in wasn't very pleasant either. this b/w is just plain old nasty!!! don't stay here!!!
p.s. i did leave a note to the housekeeper regarding how gross the room was, and that i would be leaving a comment here instead of a tip!!!

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed August 28, 2010

We were on our way to the airport and our flight was cancelled. We decided to stay in the area since we were rescheduled for 6am to fly out. Well I could not sleep. The room was smelly and dampish which made the bed damp feeling. Everytime the air conditioner came on it was a wonder that it not only would wake me but our neighbors it was so loud made me jump each time. The shower had mold around the tub and shower area. I could not wait to get out of there, Besides hearing the clhildren outside late night running up and down and their parents yelling at them didn't help either. I was so tired on my first day of vacation I slept for 12hrs because I could not sleep there , I wll never stay at another Best Western. I paid way to much for it...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple