“Best subs around!”

Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Edgewood
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Best subs around!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have been loyal customers for years. The cheesesteak subs are to die for. They are packed with meat and cheese. They are so big that me and my almost 275 pound husband can split a large sub and still have leftovers. The crabcake subs are great too. They aren't full of fillers like other places. I haven't had anything on the menu that has been bad. You can't go wrong with Sam's!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jill V

Woodinville, Washington
“Yum! Yum! Yum!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This little dive of a place was so good, we came back the next day. I brought 25 hungry people here and between us, we tried just about everything. It was so good, everyone was sharing and tasting each other's sandwiches. And they were HUGE! The chicken salad was the best I have ever had. The shrimp salad had just the right zing. Italian Cold cuts were stacked high and just the right mix of salt and spice. Grilled Chicken had a great marinade. Told you we all shared. It is worth the trip to this corner of Edgewood.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank K R
“Better than the sub food chains!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I heard about this place by word of mouth. The first time I tried something, I got a shrimp sub and I must say the say that the sub was to die for. The sub had very large shrimp and I could barely eat half of the sub. By the way, the small sub is 8 inches and it is packed full of shrimp. I have also tried the chicken cheese steak and it by no means is a slouch. My husband is a big eater and he can only handle half of the 12 inch sub. The service is great and I noticed that they acknowledge a lot of their customers on a first name basis. If you're an out of towner, it's definitely worth the stop. You will not be disappointed!

Visited March 2014
Baltimore, MD
“Great little dive”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The picture for this place is so inaccurate. The place itself is a dump. It looks like an old single family home that was roughly converted into a sub shop several decades ago and hasn't been updated since. The presentation in the glass case when you walk in looks in presentable, gross and disorganized. With that said, the subs are fantastic and huge here. Big enough to split with someone and still be satisfied. I wouldn't call them clean and tasty like one reviewer on here. More like greasy and delicious, because that is what a good cheese steak is. I eat here on occasion but its the place I go when I want something heart stopping to eat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank mikemike0221
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good subs”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

One of the best places to get a freshly made sub that is too big to eat. They used to have better bread, but the kind they use now is OK. The subs are made to order and all hot subs are prepared on a real grill - no Sub*ay style microwave/toaster over subs here. This is a place you kind of have to learn about through word of mouth. The value is good and the cold cut and cheese steak subs are much better than any chain sub. Try it!

Visited July 2012