“OK for a pit stop”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Las Vegas, Nevada
“OK for a pit stop”
Reviewed May 22, 2007

Room & motel are in need renovations, however my room was clean and comfortable, more than acceptable for a one nite stay, no problems were encountered. good location right off of I-95. Supermarket and wal-mart nearby, as well as fast food.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank larilu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2006

This hotel definitively needs renovation. Carpets and walls were dirty and smelled cigarettes even if it was a not smoking room. We found an old “doggy bag” in one drawer. The bathroom was clean but old. We heard noise from outside all night. Free breakfast was very simple (toast and donuts). We ask for a wake-up call but we never received it. We won’t be coming back unless this hotel is renovated.

• Liked — Nothing !
  • Disliked — Price
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not go there
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank matqcca

Travelers are raving about these Edgewood hotels

ny
Reviewed July 23, 2006

This has got to be one of the dirtiest hotels I have ever stayed in. Several family members booked rooms here because we were in town for a reunion.
The tipoff should have been when we first entered the room and there was a notice on the table from management stating that alcohol consumption outside of hotel rooms was strictly prohibited and that the sherrif comes around often to enforce the law. When night fell, wow, there were quite a few unsavory characters hanging around (including some of the staff members). I can't begin to speculate what may have been going on, but i wouldn't doubt if it was illegal.

Now to the rooms... ALL of the rooms smell moldy and damp. The tub looked so bad that we had to buy and pour bleach in it, then scrub it ourselves, before we would even get in with flip flops. Blankets on the bed look like they have been there for years...well worn. As far as cleaning the rooms, I doubt it happened. They didn't even bother to make up the bed, just spread the comforter back over the top. The hallways are covered in indoor/outdoor carpeting that is falling apart and mouldy, and the floor underneath feels spongy, like you could fall thru at any moment.

Now the positives..
Cheap rate, but I guess you get what you pay for...
Free continental breakfast, but sorry I was not brave enough to try it, considering the overall lack of cleanliness of the place.
MOST of the staff was not rude.

The Best Western across the street is much better. stayed there a few years ago.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank KAS09
New York
Reviewed July 30, 2005

I had made a reservation for a two night stay at this motel this past weekend and cancelled it. The day that we were going to leave for our weekend stay, we were awakened at 6:40 a.m. (out of a sound sleep on a day that I had taken off from work so I could sleep late before my trip). It was a woman from the Days Inn Edgewood calling to tell us that we would be staying in a smoking room, since we had booked our room over the internet and we were bringing our pets. We had booked a non-smoking room, but as a pet owner who travels frequently, I have become used to staying in smoking rooms, where a lot of motels only allow pets. When asked why they needed to call us so early in the morning, they said that they wanted us to know it was a smoking room, in the event that we were allergic to smoke or had a problem with it, we should know, and so we would have a room to stay in when we got there. But at 6:40 in the morning? I asked the lady if this was a common practice of theirs (to call private homes so early in the morning), and she said it was. She became very defensive, and said that if she was traveling, she would be on the road already. I informed her that I was only 3 1/2 hours away from the motel (check-in is not until 3 p.m.). She asked me if I wanted to speak with the manager, and I did. Her name was Jane. We discussed the issue as well as booking rooms on the internet, and she informed me that "You cannot book a pet room through the internet. You must call the motel directly. We only have 4 pet rooms". I informed her that this is not stated anywhere on the Days Inn website. She said that she has no control over what is on the Days Inn website. I found her to be very defensive and rude. She even went on to say that there were no other motels in the area that allow pets. This is not true. Right across the street from them is a very pet-friendly (and people friendly) Best Western, as well as many other pet friendly motels within a reasonable radius.
I agree that customers should be informed of such things ( like smoking versus non smoking rooms) at the time of booking, and this information should be made available on their website if they continue to allow rooms to be booked that way.
I am appalled at the staff of the Days Inn Edgewood for their disregard for their guests and lack of professionalism.

• Stayed July 2005
7 Thank baybay2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Red Roof Inn Edgewood? Share your experiences!