“A fun different atmosphere!”
Review of Old Stein Inn

Old Stein Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Stein Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: just past Turkey point Road on right hand side
Baltimore, Maryland
“A fun different atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Old Stein is down the street from my work, but I had never been. After hearing great things, we finally decided to give the place a try when we had an out of town guest.

Things were quiet when we arrived, but I have heard from others that there can be a good nightlife crowd at times. Fine by us; we were just hungry!

The potato cakes were a recommended appetizer by co-workers (and our fun server was not at all surprised to hear this!) and we all loved them! We each had different entrees which were enjoyed and devoured in no time.

Our server was fun and friendly, and the staff all seemed happy to be there which is always a plus.

The prices can add up if you aren't careful, so this won't be a regular place for us, but we loved everything and will be sure to return.

Visited February 2012

Honesdale
“Ein Prosit in Old Stein Inn”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

ON a business trip to Maryland, we took time to meet friends at the Old Stein Inn for Saturday night dinner. All of us are veterans and spent time in Germany. In fact, my grandparents hailed from Germany. So it was with great anticipation that we waited for our table and chatted. Of course the table was ready far too quickly because there was still more beer to be drunk, but we navigated our way to our seats and were absolutely charmed by the ambiance, the drink, and then the food. This meal was as close to a good German meal as I have been able to find in the States. It was ser gut. The service was also outstanding with friendly waitstaff and even a greeting from the owner. We will definitely navigate our way back there the first chance we get or the first chance we make!

• Visited January 2013
USA
“Munich in Maryland”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This family run German restaurant serves the real thing in the right 'umpah' atmosphere, complete with an accordion player from Bavaria. If you want a trip to Germany without the hassle I recommend the Old Stein Inn - oh, and they have at least 6 brilliant German beers on tap.

• Visited December 2012
“Never thought I'd like German food this much”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've known about the Old Stein for years but just never seemed to make it across the bay to visit. The owners are friends and they suffered a horrible fire at the restaurant. The grand re-opening of the restaurant happened not too long ago. My husband and I decided to stop in for dinner and what a treat. The restaurant is beautiful and from what I hear vastly better than before the fire. The food was excellent and the beer selection is awesome. I don't know much about German food but I have no complaints. I had the jagerschnizel and it was super yummy. We got a sausage sampler as an appetizer which my husband throughly enjoyed. It was a nasty, cold, rainy Wednesday night and we got there when they opened at 4pm but the restaurant was filling up before we left. It was a fun night for something different. I'd love to go back during better weather to sit in the beer garden. It won't be nearly as hard to get my husband to cross the bay next time.

Annapolis, Maryland
“very friendly staff w very good german fare”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The service was like a family stube in southern Germany. Food was fine - sausages were well made and prepared as were the sauerkraut, red cabbage, Schnitzels, spaetzel and dumplings. Sauerbraten was a bit dry - but it always is virtually everywhere in the world. Great beer variety! Highly recommend a visit - well off the beaten path but surely worth it for a nice change. Ample serving sizes so be careful as the bill can get a bit hefty.