“Excellent Pho” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Loveland, Colorado
“Excellent Pho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

This hit all the important Pho keys. Excellent broth, fresh sprouts, Thai basil, jalapeño pepper slices, lime wedge, and scallions. Hot with lots of noodles. And.... Choice of meat Or meat with tendon and they let me add a Vietnamese meatball. I think I cured my cold.

MD
“The Pho is excellent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall this is an average restaurant. It's in a strip mall that's a little difficult to get in/out of. The atmosphere is average. The food is reasonably good. But the soups are where this restaurant shines. The broths are excellent and delicious making the dinner portion soups my only choice when I dine here. My husband doesn't like to go very often because he wants to order other foods. The prices are reasonable. The staff is pleasant. We were went last there was a huge group of about 15 people eating together and that really seemed to throw off everything including food delivery time, wait staff confusion, etc. The other times we have gone there are usually several tables full but not a full restaurants and everything has functioned normally.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Pho!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We dine here often because of their fresh summer rolls and their Pho, always served piping hot and with fresh basil, peppers, and bean sprouts. The few times we have tried specials we have not been disappointed but we keep going back for pho, particularly in the winter.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Maryland
“Food and Service were good, bathroom not clean.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The food would have rated a 3 or 4. Prices were also reasonable and portions were very generous. Unfortunately, the bathroom grossed me out as I would estimate that no one had cleaned the inside of the toilet in over a month or five.It made me nauseous. Also, on the way to the restroom was a place where they just piled up all the dirty dishes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Huntingtown, MD
“Solid Vietnamese Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We ordered two large #20 Saigon Palace Special Phở meals, #11 Shrimp Tempura, and #39 Eggroll, grilled shrimp, pork, beef w. lettuce on vermicelli.

My son and I had the Phở. The "large" provided enough food for my wife to share with us. We all enjoyed the Phở broth and glass noodles, which were both very good, but didn't care for the flank steak they used, and swore that they added Tofu. Perhaps unfortunately for us, we studiously avoided the Tripe (which the restaurant lists as "Stripe"). I guess we're just not that adventurous.

My wife and daughters shared the Shrimp Tempura, and said that it was good.

One of my daughters had the combo #39, and said that it was ok, but too bland based on what she was expecting it to taste like. She could have added hot sauce, but chose not to.

Bottom line? I think that Saigon Palace offers solid Vietnamese food in perhaps an unlikely location, and we will definitely visit again. Is Saigon Palace as good as some of the Pho restaurants in Montgomery County or Fairfax County? No, I don't think so, but I hope that they continue to do a brisk business in Anne Arundel County.

• 5 of 5 bubbles