“Gem in the Rough”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Port Republic
“Gem in the Rough”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Don't let the outside turn you away. This little gem is awesome. If you are craving a good crabcake like I was get to the Edgewater Inn. I went here on the recommendation of a friend and because of that he is now my best friend.They don't take reservations but seating is plentiful and I heard wait times usually aren't bad. It was crowded but we were seated right away. The appearance and atmosphere of this place is pretty typical of a local family run place that may be a local favorite spot. The service was very attentive but not overboard and friendly in a Baltimore style sort of way. You Maryland people will know what I mean hon. I ordered the two crab cake dinner and it was almost all I could do to finish it. Huge lumps of crab done just right. I haven't had anything like it in quite a long time. The rest of my party got various forms of other seafood that they all seemed to enjoy very much. They all got the salad bar and said it was very,very nice. I thought the cost was very reasonable for the four of us. I can't wait to go back. Actually writing this review is making me crave another crabcake. If you are in a seafood mood try here first.

• Visited February 2013

Madison
“Great Crabcakes”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

As other reviewers have mentioned, the jumbo lump crabcakes were great. The best I have had! I also had the Shrimp and Sausage gumbo which was good.

Dunkirk
“Great food”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We held our wedding reception here thirty-three years ago and our 30th anniversary. When I have people ask about the best crab cake I send them here. The cream of crab soup is award winning. Their seafood is always good and the chicken or steak great alternatives for the non seafood eaters. The family has been operating this restaurant for over 50 years and has always been a locals favorite. If you need formal dining, over priced meager food, and the elusive ambiance, don't come here. If you want the best crab cakes in the world in a casual family run comfortable place, you won't be disappointed.
The staff works to accommodate your desires and provides a honest effort to make you feel welcome.

Owings, Maryland
“Jumbo Lump crab cakes”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

If you are in the Annapolis Area and want nice eveing from hustle and bustle and don't want to dress up for dinner ,go to Edgewater Restaurant and relax to East Coast Finest Crab Cake experince that only come true in Dreams, My Wife and I have been eating there for 20 plus years. The Family owned restaurant has been there since the 50's ,Donnie & Debbie who manage with the help of Family are the greatest people you'll ever meet. So do your self a favor and stop by ,because not only are the crab cakes the best , but the entire menu is awesome,so tell them Ted sent you

• Visited February 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Best Crab Cake ever”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lived in the area for years, finally went here last eve. It was GREAT... Felt very local. Nothing fancy but the food was amazing..... Go here to eat and get great service. Corn & Shrimp Chowder was fantastic and the Crab Cake didn't disappoint!