“Other trip advisors reviews aren't good BUT WE LIKED THIS PLACE” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yellowfin

Yellowfin
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC
“Other trip advisors reviews aren't good BUT WE LIKED THIS PLACE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Other trip advisors reviews aren't good BUT WE LIKED THIS PLACE. We will return with friends. What a fun discovery to find. The wait staff was good, the food was tasty, the view of water was a nice benefit, the parking ample, the menu has nice choices, the decor is attractive. But if I had read about the trash and cook in the previous review I would not have picked this place. I hope they improve themselves with customers input. It is very important if they want to survive. We do intend to come back and rent from Suntime boat rentals in near future and we hope to eat here again.

• Visited July 2013

Odenton, Maryland
“This place needs to be inspected.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The service at this restaurant is poor. Which is weird because there seemed to be a good ratio between service staff and customers. The timing between courses was terrible. I think that the waitress forgot that we ordered an appetizer. There was no water service until we asked for it and we were not prompted for a bar order.

The food is either good or bad. It is never consistently good. The quality of the food is overshadowed by the poor condition of the facility itself. The floors creak and wobble so much, I was afraid that the decking was going to collapse.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I are visiting Annapolis for the weekend and rented a boat at suntime rentals ( which I would recommend) and it is located directly behind the Yellowfin restaurant. We heard that it was good food and had a great happy hour. We decided to walk over to the restaurant. That is when the disgusting experience began.....there was a staircase on the side of the restaurant which we took to get up to the front doors. There was trash EVERYWHERE!!! There were rotten vegetables all over the stairs...tomatoes, cucumber, and avocados to be exact. It smelled disgusting and there was coagulated grease on the landing. I should have stopped there, however we were coming off of a boat in 90 degree weather and we were hungry, thirsty, and in desperate need of air conditioning. We decided to sit at the bar where we had a direct view of the partially open kitchen. I wish we didn't. There was a man working the steam and fry area....shirt untucked, filthy apron, no gloves, sweaty, greasy...you get the picture. As if that weren't bad enough, he began to eat the crab legs that he was making for an order. Sucking the meat out of the leg and licking his fingers...then actually SMELLED his fingers!! The eating happened several times....never washing his hands. Then he went into the back and when he came back out of the door, he was grabbing his crotch and laughing with another employee then back to cooking. Still no gloves or hand washing. Then as we looked around... Most of the staff was "nibbling" as they walked by...the walls were dirty...the counters were dirty. When we said something to the bartender he said that it was just from today but the inch thick dust hanging off of the light fixtures said different. Which brings me to the bar...among the bottles of alcohol was a pack of cigarettes, someone's keys, and a bottle of lotion. Nobody bothered to wipe or clean anything..they were too busy texting. When we finally got to speak to the manager he said " that's the not first time I've had to talk to him about that"....had it been my restaurant the entire staff would have been fired!!! Very disgusted in my experience there. Will never be back again nor would I wish that experience on my worst enemy.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jroth123
Minneapolis MN
“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was very good....the service was less than average. Had to look for our waiter several times. No beverage fill-ups for until we found him. One thing that bugged me....they never remove the wine glasses from any table, even if you are not having wine. But, I will say, the food was good and it was crowded. Maybe I'd give it one more try.

Visited March 2013
Danbury, CT
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The yellowfin has 1/2 price apps during happy hour so it makes for a good time to stop by for dinner. My wife had the Salmon and I had the crab cakes, everything was delicious, I know because I finished up her dinner.

• Visited April 2013