“Average Mexican at a decent price”

Plazuela's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in to try this place as we love Mexican food and just moved to the area. It was recommended to us by a local. The service is great, very friendly attentive waitstaff. The decor is your typical Mexican restaurant decor and everything seems clean. The food however left much to be desired. The salsa is very tomatoey and almost tastes like bland canned salsa. I had cheese/chicken enchiladas and my husband had beef tacos/burrito combo. The chicken was pretty good but everything else was kind of bland and didnt live up to what we were expecting. It did not taste "authentic" but rather like something you could buy and cook in the microwave. We will definitely be searching for another Mexican option in the area. If you are looking for some cheap, quick food I would recommend but look elsewhere If you like spicy authentic tasting Mexican food.

There are newer reviews for Plazuela's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is definitely one of the best restaurants in Edgewater! Everytime we go we have a really great meal there. And you can't beat all the food you get for such a reasonable price!! Annapolis and Edgewater area has alot of really bad restaurants, but this one is definitely our go to place when we want good food - it's our comfort food!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had a good experience at Plazuela's on a Friday night. Mainly we were in the mood for a Margarita and thought we'd give it a go. The margaritas were good. A huge improvement over La Fiesta. If you are looking for Mexican in Edgewater, I would definitely pick Plazuela's over La Fiesta. The margarita was decent at $5.95. They bring warm chips with typical salsa (like you would dump out of a jar at home). The entrees came very fast. The food was fresh and plenty of it. We also tried the desserts and were not impressed. I had the basic flan which is hard to mess up, but they put some fake whipped cream on top with sprinkles that took away from it. Same with the fried ice cream which was in a fried tortilla shell that had an off taste. The price is hard to beat though - we spent $24 each for drinks, entrees and desserts.

It's nothing to go out of your way for, but I would go again for an inexpensive quick meal I could was down with a margarita!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've been here many times, never a let down. No matter what I get it is always on par. After moving from Texas, their food tastes authentic and is truly awesome. The staff is really friendly, food comes out really quick, and is always hot. My fiancé loves their margaritas! I recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We finally tried Plazuelas after driving by many times. I had a tamale and a chalupa. Husband had chalupa and burrito. Everything was hot and tasty. Best tamale I've had in Annapolis area. The restaurant itself is typical hokey Mexican decor but it is clean. Service was great. Chips and salsa fine. Food is good and value priced. Glad we supposed. Will go back. We did not have alcohol.

2  Thank joburkholder1