“Fun place with good food and excellent service”

Coconut Joe's Hawaiian Bar & grill
Ranked #17 of 65 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were looking for someplace different that both my husband and I and the kids could enjoy. Coconut Joe's fit the bill. The outdoor play area and outdor seating was great; with views of the water, a fun pirate themed playground, and beach music, it was a fun and relaxing meal. The food was good and included traditional Hawaiian fare. The portion sizes were large and a doggie bag of leftovers provided lunch for the following day. My picky eaters both found dishes on the kids menu and cleaned their plates. In fact, they have been asking for a return visit. I liked that the kids' menu included a shrimp dish in addition to the common food we always see offered to the younger crowd. The service was top notch and our server was fun and very efficient. We want to visit again--sans kid--so that we can enjoy the live entertainment that is offered. Coconut Joe's is a fun place that offers some really good menu items that are different and delicious. I recommend giving it a try.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had our 35th High school reunion here with as couple hundred people showing up for the event. At least we had made reservations. The food was good. Servings were small, but well prepared. Service was extremely slow but given the size of our reunion, I guess that's to be expected. The restaurant is located just off Rt 2 in Edgewater where Pier 7 used to be, overlooking the South River.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Coconut Joe's is a great place to bring a large group of friends. Our server was good and we kept him busy most of the night during my friend's birthday celebration. The view of the water and the double decks along with a playground for the kids make it a good spot for a group of friends or for family. A D.J. began to play later in the evening and they do have a dance floor.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Met up with some old friends for lunch (1:00) here a week ago. The decor is a little cheesey but I have to say I felt like I was on vacation at this place. It reminded me of the Bahamas... We wanted to sit outside since it was a beautiful day in/around Annapolis. On the top deck they only had picnic tables which I was not excited about. The hostess said we could check the lower deck for a table & chairs closer to the water. (I think this lower deck is intended to be a separate bar so you're kind of on your own here... ) Anyway, there were no seats available. We trudged back up the steps and to find a group leaving the picnic table area. The waitress came and took our drink orders. Most of us had their "famous" orange crush. A pretty good drink. We orderd various lunch items including crab cake sandwiches, burgers, salmon and salads. The food was great! And the prices were not bad. The services was slow but we were hoping to enjoy a leisurely afternoon here so checking back was not all that important. We had what we needed. The umbrella didn't really cover the table so a couple of our party were left in the sun - we moved inside to the bar area. The ragae music got loud early and our visit was over.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

It was a family member's birthday and we had my young nephew with us so we decided to go to Coconut Joe's since we heard it was family friendly. It's a great atmosphere-- right on the water, very family friendly- my nephew had a blast on their big pirate ship, which was full of kids!

The deck bar was full of people too. It was a beautiful day and it's great they offer orange and grapefruit crushes!

We mostly came for the environment, but we did get dinner too and I was extremely disappointed. Love this spot for sure, but not for the food. I ordered the Maryland Crab Soup which was pretty good, but then got a crab cake for dinner and was really surprised. It was terrible, the meat was gray and it couldn't have been from the Chesapeake Bay, which is disappointing considering how close we were to it.

Another member of my party ordered one of the most expensive items on the menu, a seafood platter and I was shocked at how small it was. It was absolutely tiny. It looked like they just threw a few things on a plate and somebody had already eaten the majority of it. It was ridiculous that that was one of the most expensive items. I could almost see the whole plate, very strange! Usually when you go to restaurants and order a platter you can't even see the plate! I wish i took a picture of it.

1  Thank Pickyeats