“hostess is HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Description: www.fujiedgewater.com
Pasadena, Maryland
“hostess is HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I called in a take out order and showed up in 20 minutes when it was supposed to be ready. It wasn't so I waited patiently with several others who were getting takeout. After waiting 20 more min, I asked the hostess how much longer it would be and she was very rude saying when the chef could get to it. Fast forward 15 more min and several rude remarks later even tho I had told the manager she was awful, I left without getting my order. I've heard the food is great but was long as that hostess has a job, i will not go back

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cindy W

Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I bought a Groupon here for my husband and I to dine with on our Friday date night. When we have hibachi food, we usually go to a place near our home, however the coupon offering made the deal irresistible, even in Friday traffic! Fuji Steakhouse is a good half hour or so from our house with no traffic, so a Friday night was a little over an hour. So glad we made the trek down. We were greeted warmly by the hostess who showed us to our seats. The seats were a little on the close side, but I moved the one chair over some and it was all good. Our waitress was awesome. Normally, it seems like it's one dish after another, but she brought large bowls of steaming soup and gave us time to actually digest them before bringing a lovely bowl of salad greens with a spectacular sesame flavored dressing. Really appreciated not getting the bowl of ordinary iceberg lettuce out of the bag! :)

Everyone ordered and the chef came out and went over our orders and how we wished our beef cooked. While we were disappointed they didn't have our favorite appetizer of chicken liver, we really loved their extra, hibachi cooked noodles! They were fantastic! Fried rice was served in a bowl and we liked that because it allowed us to use our chopsticks for the entire meal. Sauteed veggies accompanied the meal. Yum yum sauce and the brown sauce for meat were poured and they didn't disappoint.

Both hubby and I ordered scallops and fillet medium rare. Normally when we go to our other restaurant, it seems like we get shorted on steak and scallops because everything is whacked up and they start from either end of the table. In this case, the chef seared both the steaks and scallops whole. He cut each fillet and gave it space on the grill so that YOUR STEAK could be served to you. Really liked this. Same for the scallops, but he left them whole which worked out so much better because not only did you get the same amount as everyone, but they were still juicy and succulent.

Waitress was on top of things...she kept glasses filled and moved empty plates from the table....you hardly knew she was there! We were very pleased and would certainly drive there again!

• Visited October 2013
Gluten Burnie, MD
“Gluten Poisoning - Uneducated Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've been to Fuji many times over the first few years they were open. I found out that I have an allergy to gluten in November of 2011. I called Fuji to see if they offered gluten-free food (other than certain types of sushi) and they stated they do; I could get hibachi entrees gluten-free. I was stoked. My mother and I went yesterday before her lung cancer support group and I informed the server I was very allergic to gluten and he took note. As I was consuming my soup, I noticed an odd texture... FRIED ONIONS! Breaded fried onions in the soup, which contains gluten, that I have now consumed. I set my soup to the side and very politely asked for the manager. The manager came and I informed him that there is gluten containing food in my soup and that this is a training opportunity for the staff. He sent the owner over to me and I repeated my story. The owner seemed very uninterested in what I had to say and his apology didn't seem sincere in the least bit, nor did he ask if I was okay or if there was anything he could do. Gluten makes me really sick for 5-7 days... fatigue, inflammation, severe headaches, speech issues, impaired thinking, and overall discomfort. If a restaurant is going to offer gluten-free food, they need to make sure they're educated on what gluten is and is not - the entire staff, not just the management.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank VHoops
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not the best in the area for Hibachi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love the hibachi experience and always enjoy visiting new restaurants to see their take on this.

We went to fuji for my birthday and will not return. They aren't bad, per se, there are just so many better options in the area in my opinion.

The main thing I didn't like was that the meals here were offered with noodles instead of the traditional rice. I'm personally not a fan of noodles and asked for a substitution which they declined. I had to pay to have rice in addition to the noodles I wasn't going to touch (it's been a few months, so maybe, hopefully,this has changed).

Again, the food wasn't bad,I finished most of it, but again, I prefer it much less when compared to other local Hibachi locations like Ziki in Annapolis and Kyoto in Severna Park.

I also have to note I left with a pretty upset stomach which I don't often experience after eating hibachi. I'm sure many people will like Fuji just fine, but it's not for me.

Visited September 2012
Edgewater, Maryland
“Great entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I like how they seat you at a table with other customers that you do not know, then cook your meal in front of you all the while entertaining you with flipping utensils up into the air and banging items together to make sounds. The food is fresh and worth a try.

Visited October 2012