“Not the best in the area for Hibachi”

fuji Japanese Steak Seafood House
Ranked #16 of 64 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Www.fujiedgewater.com
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love the hibachi experience and always enjoy visiting new restaurants to see their take on this.

We went to fuji for my birthday and will not return. They aren't bad, per se, there are just so many better options in the area in my opinion.

The main thing I didn't like was that the meals here were offered with noodles instead of the traditional rice. I'm personally not a fan of noodles and asked for a substitution which they declined. I had to pay to have rice in addition to the noodles I wasn't going to touch (it's been a few months, so maybe, hopefully,this has changed).

Again, the food wasn't bad,I finished most of it, but again, I prefer it much less when compared to other local Hibachi locations like Ziki in Annapolis and Kyoto in Severna Park.

I also have to note I left with a pretty upset stomach which I don't often experience after eating hibachi. I'm sure many people will like Fuji just fine, but it's not for me.

There are newer reviews for fuji Japanese Steak Seafood House

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I like how they seat you at a table with other customers that you do not know, then cook your meal in front of you all the while entertaining you with flipping utensils up into the air and banging items together to make sounds. The food is fresh and worth a try.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have gone here twice. Both times with Groupons or Living Social coupons. We enjoy the chefs' show of cooking and the food. Staff is friendly and we don't seem to have to wait to be seated as long here as some other places. The food is good and plentiful. I can't say it is better than others in the area but it certainly as good.
I can easily recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We go here almost every week. Great sushi, great prices on beer and wine, half-price appetizers. We hear the teppanaki chefs are good too.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This has to be our favorite sushi place to eat in the area and they have a great happy hour. Happy hour is half priced beer and appetizers..AWESOME! The food is great, if you like spicy sushi rolls, they have some great local specials I know you will enjoy. The staff there is very nice and welcoming and we always look forward to going here.

We have also been to the hibatchi side what was a fun time with a large group of people. Be prepared, they give you a ton of food.