“Dependable”

The Original Steakhouse & Sports Theatre
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Excellent service and value, the rolls are delish! Will continue to frequent! If you want value coupled with great service, try this place out.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have ordered food from this place a couple times and with each time, the service was decent but the food was awful. Everything I have ordered has been less than impressive and very underwhelming. I try to give it a chance every once in a while but am constantly disappointed.

1  Thank Samgmey
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Now known as "The Steakhouse", the food has remained consistently very good. Although we don't visit this restaurant very often, we know we can count on it for a good meal. I had the filet mignon special (2 4 oz filets wrapped in bacon) served over wild and white rice with two sides (I opted for the vegetable of the day, braised Brussel sprouts, and sauteed mushrooms) for $18. The filets were thick, juicy and cooked perfectly to my liking, medium. My husband had the Chicken Chesapeake (crab imperial on a chicken breast) with baked sweet potato served with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, and sauteed mushrooms ($24). A basket of hot large sweet rolls and butter arrived first. We didn't order appetizers, salads, or dessert because the entree portions are more than adequate. A fun thing about this restaurant is the fact you can see the steaks being grilled as you wait to be seated. The staff is efficient, friendly and knowledgable.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Original Steakhouse has 2 seating areas; the large sports bar area or the adjoining restaurant. We chose the bar area. We both had the 10 oz New York strip steaks with 2 sides. Excellent and very affordably priced. We loved the choice of the baked sweet potatoes as a side choice.
Can't wait to return. Note: can be VERY busy during TV sports events and there can be a wait.
This restaurant is family friendly also.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

One of the front-desk people at the hotel we were staying at recommended this restaurant for good steaks, and we were very happy with the recommendation. This is a combination restaurant/sports bar. At our request we were seated in the restaurant area. We could see the TV's in the bar area but my wife and I could carry on a conversation. We both ordered filet mignon and they were both cooked the way we requested. Prices were reasonable and our service was fine. Having dinner in this type of restaurant was exactly what we were looking for.

The restaurant is now called simply The Steakhouse and we were told the name changed when ownership changed. Not being from the area, it was a little difficult to find, especially with the new name, as most locals still call it The Original Steakhouse. It is located at one end of a building in a shopping mall and good directions are an absolute must for anyone not familiar with the area.