“Sleepless night"”

Holiday Inn Express Easton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Easton
Reviewed November 26, 2010

What looked promising turned out really bad! The lobby was inviting with cookies and water for guests to nibble on. I was really looking forward to swimming and was totally shocked to feel the cold tempt. of the water! They must think we wanted to join the polar bear club! I own a pool and that temp. must have been around 74 degrees. My husband said the hot tub was nice and I could see all of the steam rising out of it. Down in the lobby area I was stunned to find the handicap bathroom door swings in not out! God help anyone in a wheelchair. I barely managed with my cane. Didn't get much sleep, because the double bed was so lumpy it was hard to get comfortable. I found two chairs and assembled a make shift bed. The bathroom door in our room almost touched the toilet. If you take a shower it's better not to shut the door....in case you don't set the timer/light switch long enough like I did and it went off and you could barely see. I did think it was quiet in the rooms. But I wouldn't ever return! Hampton Inn may cost a bit more but it's well worth it!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dee55teacher

Reviewed November 24, 2010

Staff was extremely helpful in accomodating us with a wheelchair accessible room. Anything we needed we had! Rooms were clean, comfotable and quiet. Staff was always very helpful. Breakfast was great! Thank you HI EX Staff (especially Mgr. David Joy). You helped make our trip a great success!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Very nice staff. Morning breakfast was great- had something for everyone. Rooms
were small but clean. Bathroom well-stocked. Fitness room very well-equipped for a
smaller hotel. Overall a pleasant experience and I would return.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2010

For my trip to attend a family wedding I was given a list of hotels & B&B properties in Easton, MD. Initially, my first booking was for a less expensive hotel however upon reading more to discover the rooms had outside corridors I knew the must have interior corridors. Luck was with me as there was only one single room left for a four day stay.

Upon arrival Sherry at the front desk was super friendly and efficient. The room was lovely and very clean and also quiet. Two of the table lamps, a floor lamp and telephone was not working. When reported to front desk Sherry was up in a flash and found the disconnect form the wall plugs. In no time at all she had the lights and phone on. You would be hard pressed to find a better accommodation with personnel that go beyond and above for their guest.

The breakfast was okay but the staff made you feel welcome and because I am not not a morning person there friendly attitudes helped cheer me for the day.

There are many well known restaurants nearby .

I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Spacious room with fridge, coffee maker, lovely linens, nice bath with great shower. Good location on Rt 50 near Denny's, close to downtown; plenty of parking, not too noisy.. Breakfast includes basic hot options (sausages, eggs, biscuits with gravy), + standard cold ones; nothing exciting, but filling. Tap water terrible, they gave out bottled water freely. Pool seemed nice, free wi-fi worked fine (though it's unsecured).
The glitches: Key card wouldn't work on 2 of our 4 days, pretty annoying. Bathroom is poorly designed (door bumps into cabinet) and when inside you can easily hear conversations in other rooms (not true of the rest of the room). Closet area was very dark - had to open the door to see what was there. Had a nice fridge but no table to eat anything. Lights outside didn't come on till it was quite dark (You really want to spot the place quickly while whizzing by).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed for three nights for a family reunion and it was one of the most pleasant stays I've had a any hotel. The rooms are very nice and the bathroom is well stocked with actual room to move around. The staff was first rate and very helpful including having good local knowledge of the town. My daughter loved the indoor pool which was well kept and stocked with plenty of towels. Breakfast was a buffet but one of the better ones I've run across even if you get up late. We would definitely stay again if we're up in that area again.

Oh, the fitness center was the best I'll seen in a hotel and it's not the cheapy equipment either.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We have stayed in two other chains in Easton, and by far, this is the best. Considering that our AAA price is $10-20 more a night here, it is well worth the extra bucks.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Best Western Plus Easton Inn & Suites
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Easton? Share your experiences!