“A Decent Choice”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Easton
New York City, New York
“A Decent Choice”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for three nights. The wireless was swift and worked consistently, the breakfast was good, and the staff was very nice. Perhaps too nice -- I had to get my key re-keyed about five times during my stay, and they gave me no hassle. Which is fine, but I do wish they would've asked for a little more identification before remaking it.

Another benefit to the location is that you can also get to several nearby places to eat by foot.

The two rooms I stayed in were reasonably clean, and the conference areas served their purposes with aplomb. That's all I have to say for now!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank RoadTripToSFO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Skowhegan, Maine
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Hotel is clean and staff is very helpful. We were visiting for 2 nights lost transmission and ended up 10 days here. Could not ask for a better hotel and staff. They became like family! No complaints here. Price is reasonable and breakfast is same as most. Very close to everything in town on Rt 50. Walmart, resturants, gas stations and fast food all w/in a couple of miles. Quiet although it is on the freeway. Well lit parking. Very safe. Will stay again on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TJVilla
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Reserved a non-smoking room...my sister & I smoke but our 15- & 11-yr-old sons don't. The AC was broken so the front desk moved us...the only rooms left were smoking rooms. We tried one room but were flooded with an extremely strong smoke smell so we requested another room. The next room smelled a bit smokey, so we tried yet another room. That room had a "strange" smell but was tolerable. We put our luggage in the room and left for a few hours.

Upon returning, none of our 4 room cards would open the door (and only 1 of our 4 cards worked to open the door that lead to the lobby). It was extremely frustrating going back and forth to the lobby several times that night since our cards worked only when they felt like working. The young man at the front desk told me that after changing our room, he forgot to change it in the computer, so he accidentally gave our room to other guests. He said the guests told him they looked through the window and saw suitcases & shoes so they knew the room was already occupied. I told the young man at the front desk that I didn't see how the guests could look through the window because the curtains were completely closed. He didn't comment.

Our cards were "rekeyed" but still didn't work! As we tried to open the door, a family came out of the room next door. They informed me that the front desk gave them a card to my room and that they didn't realize it was already occupied until they opened the door and saw suitcases & shoes. I was STEAMED because the young man at the front desk lied to me...he said the guests looked through the window...he didn't say the guests actually opened my room door!! We had a few things of value in the room so we were very thankful that the family who was assigned to our room was honest and didn't take anything.

We went back to the front desk to have the cards "rekeyed" (again) and the young man who assigned our room to other guests wasn't there. I complained to another gentleman and I asked for the manager. I was told the manager wasn't there but he'd be there in the morning. As I was checking out the next morning, I asked to see the manager. A very nice young lady told me that the manager wasn't there and she gave me a card containing the district manager's name/number. I called him and after telling him about the horrible night we had, he credited the entire cost back to my credit card (thank you to him for being so understanding!).

For more than one reason, this was the worst stay in a hotel ever! Actually, it's not even a hotel...it's a motel...had I known that, I wouldn't have reserved a room. I had initially planned to stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door, but with my AAA discount at the Comfort Inn, it was a good bit cheaper. I wished I had just paid the extra money and stayed at the HI Express! I've stayed at a Comfort Inn twice in the past and they were 50 times better than this particular one...and they were actually hotels instead of motels like this one.

The only good things I can say is that the bed was pretty comfy & that my son & nephew enjoyed the pool. This hotel/motel needs a major upgrade, especially with the room card system. There's no reason that all 4 of our cards should have a problem throughout the motel.

Room Tip: My tip to other travelers: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank LuvRavens
Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2011

When our car broke down we stayed her for one night waiting for repairs. We had nothing with us and the girl behind the desk was very helpful by providing a number of toiletries for the stay. She even unlocked the refrigerator and gave me some skim milk and yogurt. The room was average for a motel, clean and the AC worked very well. Our room was in a courtyard where pool area was located. The room had a small refrigerator, older TV but numerous cable channels. The bed spread did have a small rip but the sheets were very soft and comfortable. The furniture was doable but could be a bit updated. The only real issue was with the bathroom. You had to lift up the toilet seat to move the door and then pull up on the door to actually close and open it. The breakfast was better than I expected; eggs, sausage, waffle maker, assortment of breads, pastries, juice, coffee, milk, cereals and fruit. There was a Sonic, Denney’s and Dunkin Donuts right next door. All in all I would recommend this hotel. I think it was a little expensive $101.00 with tax with AARP discount but it is on a direct travel route on the Eastern Shore.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LBiship
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed at the comfort inn outside St. Michaels in Easton. The AC was awesome in 110 degree heat. We had a continental breakfast each morning which held us a long time. Staff was courteous and helpful. They even left me a bottle of wine as I was celbrati g my birthday. They provided some "must see" information. The indoor pool was clean and zthe hot tub was nice after a 3 hour drive. We weee central to Easton, Oxford Ferry and St. Michaels and Tilman Island.

Room Tip: Comfort Inn clean and cool
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KatHie19464
Maryland
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We (wife and I and kids) decided a last minute trip to Ocean City and didn't want to drive there and back all in one day. All the reasonable hotels were booked in that area, so we booked a night at the Comfort Inn in Easton and hit the Quennsville Outlets before heading home. We were a little nervous about booking a night at the Comfort Inn because there were no recent reviews on this hotel. And the reviews they did have were night and day. When we arrived it was very quiet and they had a nice outdoor swimming pool which we took advantage of. Althought the pool was old, it was still nice and relaxing. They had a free hot/cold continental breakfast, which was very nice and we all enjoyed. Even our 8 year old who is allergic to a lot of foods found something good to eat. This is an older hotels, but was clean and met our needs. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DandB94
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I have stayed here 3 times now and will never stay there again. The front desk staff is awful...that is, when they're even at the desk. I stayed with a group and two people (in separate rooms) had bedbugs and had to change rooms. Last year I stayed there and there was a razor blade taped to the bathroom wall within a child's reach. This place is disgusting and I discourage anyone from staying here. It's worth spending the extra money for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank MissBaltimore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Best Western Plus Easton Inn & Suites
St. Michaels Inn
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels
Fairfield Inn & Suites Easton
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond

Been to Quality Inn Easton? Share your experiences!