“Always just great”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Out of the Fire

Out of the Fire
Reserve with OpenTable
Out of the Fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Fusion, American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington and Harrison
Description: Out of the Fire is committed to the investment in socially and environmentally minded pursuits. Doing good while doing well is fundamental to our work, and is manifested in our dedication to create food and an environment that supports our mission. *We cater to most food allergies. *Gluten Free options are available. We do not create these items in a designated gluten free kitchen. *All menus seen online are subject to change.
Easton, Maryland
“Always just great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Ate at the food prep bar. Great beer and wine selection. Had the Shrimp and Grits and also the palenta with artichoke, spinach, tomatoes. Delicious! Just the best. Service was outstanding.

• Visited August 2011

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Out of the Fire aims to please and hits the mark. Standouts: cumin crusted scallops paired with a Tunisian carrot salad, Shrimp and grits with Out of the Fire's homemade tabasco butter (if you like your food spicy, request more of the spicy butter concoction), Kilby's Creamery ice cream sundae (a decadent chocolate brownie al a mode with chocolate or caramel sauce, whipped cream and candied peanuts). A nearby dinner saw the sundae and dubbed it 'death by chocolate'. Unsure about which wine select with a dish? The knowledgeable staff can provide suggestions. A personal favorite is the Leth Gruner Veltliner- it pairs well with the aforementioned scallops and shrimp dishes. Be sure to check the blackboard or ask the serve for the daily specials that frequently feature locally grown products.

• Visited May 2011
Atlanta, GA
“Ate here twice in one day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We went to Out of the Fire for lunch and decided it was so GREAT that we returned for dinner! The restaurant uses very fresh ingredients and the menu was very creative. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes fresh farm food as well as great wine! The service was also very good and friendly.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank carlaAtlanta_GA
Maryland Eastern Shore
“Favorite restaurant in Easton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

Out of the Fire is fantastic! I go there every time I have the day off and have time for a shopping day in Easton. The Turkey Apple Brie sandwich is the best sandwich I've ever eaten, hands down. Besides the aforementioned ingredients, it has bacon and aioli, is served on foccacia and is baked in the wood stove. Wow. Dinner is excellent as well. My husband and I go there for most special occasions and anniversaries. We are looking forward to eating there in two days for Valentines Day!

1 Thank rachel_sings
Rockville, MD
“gourmet food and friendly service in an inviting casual setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

Based on other Trip Advisor reviews, we had lunch at Out of the Fire last weekend while staying in Easton. Though it wasn't perfect, we liked it so much that we went back for dinner the next day. It's a warm and inviting space with eclectic artwork and and open kitchen. The service was very friendly, and the hostess even remembered us and what we had the first time when we came in the second time. The menu has lots of interesting dishes; I would describe the food as gourmet but not pretentious. It's somewhat expensive but I think the prices are typical for this type of food.

At lunch we had the special seafood chowder (as a main dish) and oyster pot pie, since we were told that oysters were in season. The chowder was deliciously flavored and contained mussels and shrimp (I think) plus greens (watercress?). The pot pie was OK but somewhat bland to my taste. When we returned for dinner the next day I was hoping to get the chowder again but they didn't have it. We began dinner with one of the special appetizers, grilled shrimp with Tuscan marinade and carrot salad. The shrimp was tasty shrimp but there were only 3, which is a poor value for a fairly expensive dish (and makes it hard for 2 people to share). Entrees were (1) pan-seared duck breast with cranberry quinoa, sweet potatoes, and walnuts and (2) fig jam, goat cheese, and prosciutto pizza. The duck was well-prepared (I asked for medium-rare, which is recommended), and both it and the accompaniment were tasty. My husband loved the pizza--an interesting and good combination of ingredients. Even though we were pretty full, I had to try the flourless chocolate cake and am glad I did. It was rich and delicious.

Besides the quality of the menu, I like that they use local and/or organic ingredients when possible.