“A very nice and long needed option to have when staying in Easton”
Review of Hampton Inn Easton

Hampton Inn Easton
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Easton
Columbia Maryland
“A very nice and long needed option to have when staying in Easton”
Reviewed November 7, 2006

I stayed at the brand new Hampton Inn Easton on Saturday evening over Labor day weekend shortly after it opened. I had not even known it was there until I had spotted it on the way to Ocean City the previous weeekend.

This is a very nice place to stay in this area. After staying at the Tidewater Inn the previous summer and experiencing the numerous problems that property had, it was great to have this alternative instead. While I know about two or three very upscale places downtown to stay, this was comfortably within my budget. The rate was $159 a night which is much more than the Tidewater had been but in this case you really get what you pay for.

The staff at this hotel is outstanding. They really make the effort to make you feel welcome, whether it is before your arrival, when you check in, during your actual stay, or when you check out. I always felt they were interested in making certain my stay was a very enjoyable one. This is so nice to experience when you are traveling.

The room was very quiet in terms of location, clean, and spacious with plenty of room. Amenities included a small refrigerator and microwave, a very generously sized desk with lots of "counter space" and two queen sized very nice comfortable beds. The bathroom was also nice. I had absolutely no complaints about the physical apperance of the accommodations at all.

The air conditioning was noisy, so I turned it up high to get the room cool in the evening before retiring and then turned it down so I could get to sleep quietly. This strategy works pretty well for me. After having NO airconditioning at the Tidewater this was a minor inconvenience. I must admit I found hearing the water running in the pipes in the wall, especially when toilets were flushed a bit annoying but it was infrequent and not really that bad. It is just that I had not heard this in any of the other places where I had stayed during this past summer.

The complimentary breakfast was certainly above average with hot items such as scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, english muffin with egg and cheese topping and the usual breads, pastries cereals, etc. You can really fill yourself up and then not have another meal until dinner. The lobby area where the breakfast seating area is very pleasant with an adjacent living room area complete with large television and comfortale couch and chairs. There is also a businees center right in this big lobby area with 3 computers to use. You can have your morning coffee and check your emails just like at home.

The location of the Hampton is on Route 50 and not in downtown Easton like some of the other area hotels, bed and breakfasts and Inns. It is nice to walk out your door and be either right in or near the downtown and you do not get that when you stay here. However, it is just a short drive away and you can park your car in one of the numerous parking places available,and enjoy the quaint and charming town of Easton.

• Liked — A very nice yet affordable place to stay in Easton with excellent hotel staff
  • Disliked — Pipes with water running in the wall but perhaps it was the location of my room and no big deal
  • Tips/Secrets — the Hotel seemed perfectly willing to give me a 1:30 pm check out which i greatly appreciated
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
3 Thank FairtoEveryone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed October 29, 2006

We drove from Georgia to Pennsylvania with some sightseeing along the way and found a Hamptons Inn located in Mebane, NC that was wonderful. They said that most Hamptons had upgraded their beds and showers so when we got to Easton we looked for a Hampton and we were not disappointed. The hotel is convenient to downtown but the best news is the bed and down comforter and strong shower and plenty of room for toiletries in the bathroom. The staff was also very helpful. We will look for Hamptons whenever we travel now because nothing beats these comfy beds at these prices. The only downside is if we travel with our dog as most of the Hamptons are not dog friendly.

• Liked — comfortable beds and free wi fi
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dorothee
NY City
Reviewed October 28, 2006

... a hotel that is far above than the usual bargain spots on Route 50 (such as the Holiday Inn) but not as pricey as The Tidewater or Harbortowne Inn. This place is delightful; it is impeccably clean and each staff member, from the Front Desk manager to the housekeeper, is friendly and helpful. And the beds! My boyfriend and I were asleep before we could say good-night the bed was so comfy. All the amenities are there- coffee service, iron and board, desk, Internet connection, and more.The compliementary breakfast is HOT... and changes from morning to morning, i.e. (eggs and bacon one day, French Toast and sausage another.) Also, there is an extensive array of pasteries, bagels, cereal, fruit, etc. One thing we've never seen before is the "Guest Laundry." How convenient is that?! . Will not stay anywhere else next time. As a matter of fact, we have a two city holiday trip in NC planned and have selected Hampton Inns in each town based upon our stay at this one.

• Liked — The bed. WOW!
  • Disliked — nothing...
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't miss breakfast!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYCityTraveler
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed October 3, 2006

According to the desk clerk, this hotel opened in August '06. As of my visit in late Sept., it still looks brand new. The place is crisp, clean, well tended -- I was thrilled to stay in a hotel as tidy as this, especially given most of the other reasonably priced (read: government rate) options in Easton.

Some specifics: Had a king bed room with desk -- not particularly large, but adequate for my needs. Decor was nice, and obviously new. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and well appointed (typical Hampton granite-esque countertops, toiletries, and good, fluffy towels). Hotel staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet was typical of Hampton -- good choices and well stocked (except for plain coffee creamers, which they'd run out of, apparently). There were two computers available for internet access in the lobby -- nice to have more than 1, especially since the hotel was pretty busy and the computers were in high demand.

My only complaint about the room I'd had was that I couldn't get the temperature right and the AC unit was loud (woke me each time it came on). The new "Hampton Bed" has only a sheet and a down comforter+cover. Although I've slept in similar bedding before, this particular set made me sweat. To compensate, I kept turning down the AC thermostat all night, the AC unit would cycle on and run a few minutes (waking me each time), turn off, and then I'd be back sweating again. Were I to stay here again, I'd swap the comforter for the spare blanket in the closet and hope for the best.

Location is convenient -- right on Route 50, about 5 minutes north/east of downtown Easton.

Should my travels require me to stay in Easton in the future, I'd stay in this hotel again.

• Liked — It was recently built hotel, and still showed it (very clean, tidy).
  • Disliked — The climate control unit (loud)
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank MGH_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Best Western Plus Easton Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Easton
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels

Been to Hampton Inn Easton? Share your experiences!