“where's the service?”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Easton
Trappe, Maryland
“where's the service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I reserved rooms this weekend for my sister, her children and my mother. My extended family has stayed here many times in the last few years and its an easy choice in a town with few options. The facilities are great and the rooms are typical of Hampton's, clean and comfortable. This time was no different and everyone was very happy with the breakfast, the rooms and the facilities. However, the reason Im writing is that as a business owner I would want someone to tell me if there was any aspect of their experience that was less than perfect. The staff at this hotel is apathetic at best and utterly indifferent. From the check in experience where they don't make eye contact with you and treat you as if you're an inconvenience to the experience each time you come and go where the staff is reading the paper or playing with their phones and doesn't acknowledge you. Again, this is the Fairmont so five star service is not expected, but common courtesy and an interest should be a given. Everyone we experienced during this past weekend, EVERYONE looked as if there were operating an empty restaurant and the boss was out of town. Really too bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eglzfn
Jeff S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Eglzfn,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to our property. I am happy to hear the accomodations were up to your expectations and appreciate that you and your family are frequent guests when you visit Easton.

I was disturbed to hear your perception of our front desk team was apathetic and indifferent during your encounters with them. We pride ourselves on our guest service and as you can see by other posts to Trip Advisor we typically succeed at great service. I am reviewing your comments with my team to insure we improve on our game, I always look at criticism as constructive and teachable moments.

If I can be of additional service to you please contact me.

Jeff Schneider
Hampton Inn Easton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family stayed for a couple of nights in June last year. We were in town for a wedding and found our room to be clean, with fresh sheets and plenty of towels for the shower. My children swam in the indoor pool one afternoon. The water was chilly, but it was a good way for them to spend their energy. The hotel served a free breakfast (mostly continental with a few hot options) and also had some fruit, and snacks in the evening. It was very close to shops, restaurants, and seemed like it would be convenient for folks who wanted to visit St. Michaels but avoid the pricier places there.
Overall a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bizzy_Mom_of2
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was a really good stay in a nice room with great accommodations. Will stay again!! The staff was polite and knowledgable and the trip was great. Side note..the movie theater in Easton is dirty and understaffed!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Nicholascox
Bethesda,Md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Living near Washington, we like to go to Easton, Md. for a weekend and Hampton Inn is a comfortable and convenient place to stay. There are many pleasant drives and towns within easy reach of this hotel. The beds are comfortable, the pillows superb, breakfast is fantastic and the staff are always courteous and helpful.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ronwen8
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was scheduled to be in Easton for business travel for 5 days. I arrived to a warm welcome and friendly local chat about restaurants and sights. (Very helpful!)

-The Room- I was on the 2nd floor facing the street. Room was clean, roomy, and well laid out. The only thing that was creepy was the sticky note on the bed that told me the duvet and sheets had been cleaned for my arrival. Overkill-- You really don't need to do that! SERIOUSLY! What I did not find was the fridge that I was promised on the booking site. I was informed by the front desk that one was not available in the King rooms- They were accommodating and brought me a portable. Pillows were not awesome. There were two feather down pillows for each of of. When you lay your head on them, you sink right to the bottom. I was not a fan. I requested additional pillows and was brought two more feather pillows. We made the best, but it was not a great nights sleep when you are used to more rigid pillows. Bathroom was clean and modern. I was a bit disappointed that there was not a bathtub, will know better next time to ask.

-Breakfast- Excellent! Each morning I was given a nice array of warm and cold options, such as eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, etc. Very much appreciated!

-Evening Cookies and Milk- Who does that?!? Makes fresh baked cookies and cold milk for their guests! I was very appreciative!

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and next time, I'll know what to ask for and bring my own pillows! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: If you are traveling for multiple days, remember that the King rooms DO NOT have a fridge or microwa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
James Creek, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on a business trip. Without a doubt I will stay there for my next business trip to the Easton area. Everyone on staff is professional, nice, and goes out of their way to make guests feel welcome. My room was exceptionally clean, spacious and very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Twodogs_RO
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were there for the Easton Waterfowl festival and had to pay a higher rate than usual. However the hotel looked like new and our room was spotless. We did not feel rushed at the breakfast even though the hotel was full. It's only a short driving distance from the downtown area. Overall highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Easton Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Easton
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels

Been to Hampton Inn Easton? Share your experiences!