“Great Soup!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bob Evans
Ranked #85 of 112 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Michaels, Maryland
“Great Soup!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is another one of those places where you can get all kinds of meal from breakfast to dinner served at one time at one table. These folks are very friendly and have a great menu to please their customers. The soups seem to be home made and come in a large bowl as well as a take home quart if you want one. The bean soup is really great and can come with a crispy salad or a tasty sandwich. Service is very attentive as well as friendly. A great place to take the family, surprised it isn't more crowded on weekends.

• Visited November 2013

Washington DC
“Excellent Toothpicks!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Seated at table that wasn't wiped down; syrup and glass rings were visible. Had to ask hostess to wipe it down. Never offered another seat although there were plenty of others around. Hostess said that she'd take our drink order. We ordered waters. She asked, "With lemon?" I said, "no". She asked, "With ice?" I thought that was odd, but said "sure". Ice must come at a premium at this joint.

10 minutes later, a waitress arrives, apologizes and starts going into the reason it took so long to get to us, blaming the hostess for not informing her. We say, "no problem". She takes the orders. About 15 minutes later, our food arrives and mine is wrong. She thought I wanted Country Biscuits and Eggs, though I ordered Country Fried Steak and Eggs. I informed her, she summons the manager and explains the issue. The manager apologizes and says, "Go ahead and work on that, it'll be six minutes to get a new one out and we'll take it off the bill." Okay, cool. So, I eat a little of the hash browns, finish the pancakes and ignore the gravy-soaked eggs on the incorrect order, assuming they'll re-make the entree. Six minutes turn into ten minutes, and I tell the waitress that if it's not in the window, to forget it. She says, "it's up" and goes back to get it. Meanwhile, my wife is about finished with her entree. The waitress comes back with only the steak; no eggs or hash browns. I had it, told the waitress that I didn't want it, and decided that it wasn't worth dealing with this anymore. It was time to go.

After getting the check from another person (not the waitress), I went up front to pay and grabbed a toothpick. It was pointy and good for cleaning the lack of breakfast out from my teeth.

If you go, try their toothpicks; you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FrequentFlier1973
Alexandria, Virginia
“A good place to take a break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We're not usually disappointed with a Bob Evans, it's always seemed to us to be a reliable chain, and this was no exception. This looks to be a fairly new one, grouped with a number of other new-looking chain restaurants strategically located on Route 50 where it bypasses Easton, MD. We were seated promptly, served efficiently and the choice of food appeared better than we remembered. Everything looked clean and well cared for, and the food and coffee was as good as you'd expect and in the regular price range for such fare. Nothing to complain about, which is as much as you can ask for when all you want is a quick meal while on the way to somewhere else.

• Visited July 2013
Palmyra, Pennsylvania, USA
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My hubby and I were travelling for the day and decided to stop at Bob Evans for lunch. The service was great, the restaurant clean, and the food was wonderful. We had a wait staff change mid way thru our meal but it was handled professionally and courteously. We had a wonderful experience and if we are ever in the area again, we will definitely stop at this particular restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Breakfast was good; Floor cleanliness - not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast on our way home and were seated right away on a Sunday morning. The coffee was "okay" - the eggs and bacon were good. I think the thing that bugged me was that the cashier had come over to the large table that had just left and started cleaning up the table...all except the floor which had large bits of egg, pancake, and biscuit! I couldn't believe that she left everything in the floor for the next group to step on as they sat down. Then, I looked around the floor as I walked out and saw that there was food on the floor in quite a few areas. Would it be too much to ask for someone to walk around and sweep up the food??

• Visited September 2012