“Nice Menu for a Tavern; Great Service”
Review of Banning's Tavern

Banning's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Banning's Tavern is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 127 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2019

Three couples for dinner--great rockfish over israeli couscous; also grilled prime rib was popular. One issue was potatoes were ice cold on plate--hadn't been prepped. Taken care of right away but a bit odd to have prechilled potatoes. Great wine choices as well as very good cocktails. Nice bar area, very busy

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Terrific convivial bar with friendly staff and dozens of craft beers. More than bar food, more of a bistro menu. Great burgers and fried oysters but also steaks and fish and mighty fine crab cakes. Dependable chow at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2019

Popular bar venue in the heart of Easton, MD immediately adjacent to the Avalon Theater. Good food and service although a little slow when crowded. Plenty of parking in the nearby area.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

What a super cute place! I love the atmosphere. The restaurant is fairly small and it was full the night that I went. I was able to grab the last open seat at the bar. The bartender was average. I feel like she was capable of being a really good bartender but didn’t care enough to make the effort. Therefore, she was taking care of people with as minimal effort as she could. That said, I never felt ignored or that I had to wait too long for anything. I didn’t let her affect my score because I do think this place deserves a full 5 stars for atmosphere and food!
There are lots of great beers on tap. The menu is so great that it is a hard decision! I ended up ordering the rock fish. It was absolutely delicious! I would definitely recommend that you stop in this cute little place for an outstanding meal and some craft beer.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2019

Even though this is a tavern, don't be fooled. The prime rib and filet mignon we had were perfectly, perfectly cooked. Excellent service with a very friendly staff. Located at the heart of downtown Easton. Don't judge a book by it 's cover - or it's name. I highly recommend eating here.

Date of visit: December 2018