“Phenomenal”

Ranked #1 of 5 Easton B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Phenomenal”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My wife and I had the pleasure of enjoying our wedding anniversary this past weekend at this wonderful inn. The staff knocked themselves out for us in making sure our accommodations and experience were memorable. And our stay was unforgettable.
Dining at the inn's restaurant is a must. Chef Jordan, who was trained by some of the world's greatest culinary talent, is a master in the kitchen, preparing superb dishes with local oysters, Maryland rock fish, Colorado lamb, and many others.
We had the five course tasting menu, an incredible value at $60. This tasting menu would be at least double or triple the cost in any other top restaurant. The wine list is strong with many world regions included at fair prices.
Not to be missed for anyone who loves a great inn and world class food!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed October 13, 2010

As soon as we walked up to the door, we were greeted by name and welcomed. I immediately felt so at home and at the same time on a getaway vacation. The building itself is historic with a great location- the upstairs porch with rocking chairs is a gem- and it is beautifully designed and decorated with total attention to detail (not to mention Feng Shui!). Plus there's the bar, restaurant and patio. The restaurant is terrific in & of itself. You can tell the staff cares a lot about what they serve and how they serve it-- each plate is thoughtfully prepared and delicious, with top notch service to boot. The best part of all are the owners, Alice and Jordan, who grew up in Easton and came back to open up this place. They could not have been more warm and accommodating, and happy to be so. They treated us as if we were old friends- and at the same time were the utmost professionals. It is easy to see that they put their heart and soul into the Bartlett Pear Inn. I wholeheartedly recommend this to others and I want to go back there myself!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Easton, Maryland
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My wife and I met Chef Lloyd at a local Farmers Market here in Easton. His description of how he cares about the food and where it comes from thrilled us and we knew we had to try it. We were not dissapointed. We are looking forward to discovering more of this local treasure. We will be planning major family events at Bartlett Inn.

Charles and Jessica

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clarkboats
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We love the Bartlett Pear Inn and Restaurant! We had our wedding at another location in Easton (Bartlett Pear was not open when we booked and given our wedding size -175-I am not sure that the property could have supported the number) and this Inn helped to make our wedding weekend PERFECT! We had the Groom's Party stay at the Inn (7 rooms) and they accommodations and service were just priceless. The Groom's Parent's hosted a lunch (outside on the patio) and a dinner at the Restaurant and both functions were flawless! Throughout the entire weekend the Bartlett Pear Inn became 'home base' for many gatherings, from late night cocktails, to hanging out during the day, to everything in between. The owners (Jordan and Alice) were exceptional as they made everyone feel at home. The venue is so beautiful; we took many of our wedding pictures there. Please, if you are planning any event from a simple dinner for two, to a wedding, to a party, you must call (or better yet, go to) the Bartlett Pear Inn. If you are just coming to Easton for a relaxing weekend and need a remarkable place to stay, this must be your first call! My husband and I have traveled all over the world for work and fun and I can tell you that this venue is absolutely top notch!!!!

• Stayed September 2010
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed at the Bartlett Pear Inn for a wedding we were attending in Easton and had a wonderful time. The Inn was a big part of our great experience. They have a world-class restaurant and an amazing homemade spread for breakfast (most of their ingredients are locally sourced and their homemade granola is a must try). Sitting on the upstairs porch, overlooking the quaint street below and catching up with friends was especially memorable. Alice and Jordan were so helpful and always willing to help. We would definitely stay at the Bartlett Pear Inn again and again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I was with a wedding party at the Pear over Labor Day weekend. I am sure it was a busy time for the restaurant, but Alice and Jordan treated us like royalty. A smile in the morning (along with great pastries and incredible yogurt) was a great way to start each day. Because I now travel with my wife and our three month old, we had the master suite which was superb. The best part was the porch which was right next to our room. It served as home base most of the weekend, from the french press coffee in the AM the cocktails in the evening.
Jordan is a master chef but his true talent lies in his hospitality. When the town was closed after the wedding, but the wedding party was still hungry, Jordan just whipped up some cheesesteaks and homemade pasta like a short order cook who has trained with some of the top chefs in the country.
As for the baby, he was welcomed and doted on, and Alice was always at the ready to help us up and down the stairs with stroller.
I will return one day and I know the Pear will always live up to the memory!

• Stayed September 2010
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I fell in love with the Bartlett pear from the moment we arrived. Alice and Jordan are the ultimate hosts: warm, kind, thoughtful, and impeccable when it comes to service. I was there with a group for a wedding and all of us remarked how much the Pear felt like "home" from the start. The food that Jordan cooks in the restaurant is pure magic. Every dish is thoughtfully prepared with a story behind every ingredient (ask him where your morning yogurt comes from :) If you're lucky enough to share a beer with Jordan, ask to hear the story of his career as a chef (he's the real deal), and the etiology of the name "The Bartlett Pear." Easton is a long way from where I'm from in California, but I'm sure I'll find my way back some day. And, Jordan, if you're reading this, bless you and the mama that made you for the 3am meal you made us on the porch!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels
Fairfield Inn & Suites Easton

Been to Bartlett Pear Inn? Share your experiences!