“Better than a home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Easton
John S. McDaniel House
Ranked #4 of 5 Easton B&B and Inns
State College, Pennsylvania
“Better than a home away from home”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I had come to Easton to see the Easton Plein Air Event and was greeted by the Inn keeper of the McDaniel House, MaryLou, who then conducted a grand tour of this beautiful establishment. The room where I was staying was wonderfully furnished and had great ambiance and warmth. Each breakfast was delicious, nutritious and beautifully presented in the dinning room. Every meal was served with loving pride and accompanied by great conversation with the owner. During the week, temperatures soared into the high 90's+ and, to my delight, there was always an ample supply of bottled water available for the guests. Having signed up to participate in a workshop at the Easton Art School, MaryLou offered me a student rate - which I thought was the proverbial icing on the cake! All in all, I could not have asked for more! (Thank you for a wonderful experience, ML, and hope to see you again, soon!)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RoxanneNaydan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
DC
Reviewed May 31, 2010

The food was amazing, from the warm croissants to the asparagus pie to the apple tartin. We loved the extras - towel warmers, bath salts, claw-footed tub, cozy bed, fluffy towels, complimentary snacks and sodas. And one of the few family friendly B&Bs: a toddler bed for our son, a cradle for our daughter and placed upstairs in a huge room we weren't worried about disturbing other guests. All in all we had a wonderful trip and look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 5, 2010

10 friends with bicycles stayed a long weekend and found the B&B outstanding. Breakfasts were both unusual and tasty. During the day we rode our bicycles on quiet back roads. At night we walked to excellent restaurants at our host's recommendations. In addition Easton is a very interesting town and the McDaniel House is within walking distance to everything. Even the bike path is only a block away!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I had the opportunity to have a get-away weekend, and we were so happy with our experience with The John S. McDaniel house. The historical Victorian house was renovated, and I was quite pleased that the character and charm of the home was intact with the remodel. The rooms were warm and inviting, and completely immaculate. The beds were SO comfortable. And the bathroom, had a soak tube andEspace that was soothing.
The owner, Mary Lou, was very welcoming. Her cooking was amazing. We have been in bed and breakfasts before, where the breakfast consists of danishes. We were pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a beautiful homemade breakfast that satisfied us until the evening. My husband is still talking about it.
Mary Lou was very helpful with telling us about the town and attractions. Restaurants and shops were within walking distance. Mainstreet in Easton is quaint and charming, and experienced a wonderful dinner in town.
I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who is going to Easton, MD. The rooms are less expensive then a hotel, and the amenities surpassed any other hotel or B&B that we have stayed in.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank leighchalm
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I came to Easton as part of my driving tour of Maryland's Eastern Shore, so this B&B became a wonderful base for my travels in the region. Mary Lou was a great conversationalist and told me interesting stories about the house itself, as its earliest owners were some of the Eastern Shore's most prominent people. Breakfasts were also very yummy and included a fruit dessert. My room was also an attraction of its own, not just because of its huge bathroom, but also because the bedroom was decorated with a nice wedding dress. Considering that I have some business in the area, I'll probably return in the near future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We had a wonderful and very relaxing weekend at the John S. McDaniel B&B! Our room & bathroom were beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The food was delicious!! The owners are very friendly and helpful to point out all the great things to do in and around Easton (many within walking distance of the B&B). Sailing around Tilghman Island with Captain Wade was a great way to spend an afternoon!! Overall, exceptional value and completely relaxing - especially on the huge porch enjoying a glass of wine!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We have stayed in many, many b&bs and I AM quite fussy so when i say this place is excellent I really do mean it. The location is great - everything you want to do is a short stroll. The decor has been painstakingly restored with careful attention to achieving authenticity without compromising on comfort. Our room was spacious, comfortable and quiet with a wonderful large bathroom stocked with loads of fluffy towels, magazines etc. And then there's the breakfast - real gourmet standard, exceptional. Just loved this place, the owners have got it just right, not precious, just perfect.
The house has a fascinating history - do ask Mary Lou to tell it!

• Liked — decor, breakfast, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Best Western Plus Easton Inn & Suites
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels
Fairfield Inn & Suites Easton

Been to John S. McDaniel House? Share your experiences!