“Pleasant, friendly, convenient”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Easton
St. Michaels, Maryland
“Pleasant, friendly, convenient”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here two nights due to a winter storm that threatened my ability to get to work, and the Inn is very convenient to my office. Since it was off season and in the midst of a big storm, there weren't a lot of guests. Contrary to complaints of noise in other reviews, I found it very quiet. The staff did a good job of spacing guests out to minimize immediate room-to-room noise. It's definitely an older place, but well renovated and maintained. I stayed in a suite with a separate sitting area; not posh, but very comfortable, with lots of windows and light, overlooking the courtyard. Like many older properties, the bathroom was small, and the hot water took quite some time to percolate up to my floor. The Inn meets my two major requirements: free WiFi and adequate (3-4) good bath towels. I also got an excellent rate, given the season.

My only complaint was that housekeeping was a little sloppy. They could have been stretched thin, due to the weather. They didn't replace my amenities or change my sheets; there was no card to indicate that I wanted fresh sheets. I put ice in the ice bucket the previous night; housekeeping didn't empty it and change the plastic liner. The remainder of my morning coffee was left in the pot as well.

The bed and linens are quite comfortable -- high thread-count white cotton sheets and thick duvet.

If you're coming to tour Easton and spend time in the historic downtown area, you can't beat the location. You definitely feel like you're in step with the overall vibe of Easton when you stay here.

I will definitely come back when I need a place to stay in town.

Room Tip: Splurge for the additional space of the suites; they have a better location in the inn as well as in...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank erdocmdca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Schaefferstown
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a circa 1940s hotel that a few decades ago was in decline, but on this visit we were pleased to find it has been returned to its former glory. The public areas are lovely (including a very new and very sleek bar/restaurant area that the bartender told us was refurbished just lasst year). Our guestroom was attractively furnished and spotless. Bathrooms tend to be small as the Tidewater warns...because it is an older hotel, but fixtures are modern and attractive. The only less that perfect note was probably the buffet breakfast (not included in regular rate). It was attractively displayed, but nothing out of the ordinary, unfortunately.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank herstoryprof
Tidewater_Management, Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
Thank you for your review! I was especially pleased to know that you appreciated our many renovations. This year we celebrate our fifth anniversary under our new ownership and it shows on many levels.

We have renovated and restored many sleeping rooms, common areas and meeting rooms and have completed smaller projects like fix previously inoperable gas fireplaces in some of the common areas and event rooms. This past fall we also applied new paint to the exterior of the hotel.

Although you mention the breakfast buffet did not offer anything out of the ordinary, I am glad to know that it did meet your breakfast needs.

I hope you plan to stay with us again soon. This winter please look for our mid-week hotel specials that we announce on our website, social media pages and in our monthly e-newsletters.

Safe travels,

Bridgeville, Delaware
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Wonderful Inn locsted on the heart of Easton MD. Eady yo eslk around town yo all the beautiful shops. Gorgeous spacious rooms. Large fire pit. Great food and drink. Staff was beyond excellent. .friendly..helpful. would come back again and again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank rosierose03
Don R, Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, and I especially enjoyed talking with you in person. We hope you will visit us again for frequent getaways.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Wonderful weekend getaway. My partner and I decided to just take a long ride from Baltimore and wanted to visit friends in the Easton area before the Holidays . I need to comment on the staff and their customer service.
We got in late and checked in at The Tidewater, we were greeted by friendly staff even though it was late. We were happy to find the desk help was wonderful, and we were assisted by a nice young man who introduced himself as Lane, and I need to say he was more than courteous and helpful with getting us to our rooms and taking care of our overnight bags.
The room itself was cozy and as we expected for a Hotel/Inn which was built in this era.
We loved the bed -so comfy! and the dining experience at the hotel. We will definitely stay there when we visit again during this year .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debbie R
I am so glad to know you had such an enjoyable stay with us during last year’s holiday season.
We are very fortunate to have not only long-tenured staff but staff who love what they do.We welcome all of our guests the same way whether it is 2 am or 2 pm.

Also, thank you for your compliments on the room as well as your dining experience at Hunters’ Tavern. We are very fortunate to have an award-winning chef team on property, which results in many wonderful meals for guests!

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Safe travels,

Alhambra, California
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I was impressed with the presence and location of the Tidewater Inn in Easton. It has a lovely entrance. The rooms were older but very comfortable. We stayed 3 days while on VBT bike tour of the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. I also had a couple of dinners in the restaurant.-decent without being extraordinary. The beautiful thing is the central location. I would go back and stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor which seemed ok.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank James W
Thank you for your time in providing a review of your stay.

We are fortunate that we are located in the heart of Easton’s historic district. Within walking distance are world-class art galleries, antique shops, quaint clothing boutiques and specialty shops. The added bonus is this is all part of our vibrant and historic 18th century colonial town. Thank you for taking notice of our lovely entrance as well – it is a photo op for many!

I’m glad you were able to dine in Hunters’ Tavern a few times and I hope you were able to enjoy some of our Chesapeake-inspired dishes.

Finally, it must be said, we hope you thoroughly enjoyed your bike tour! Thank you for the confidence in remarking that you would stay with us again.

All the best,

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at the Inn with our daughter, her husband and our granddaughter just after Christmas. The accommodations were perfect for families. We shared a suite so we had our separate bedrooms and a nice living area with a bathroom between us. It gave us plenty of room to spread out with the baby and her pack and play, toys, etc. The bedrooms were fairly small but comfortable. Bathrooms were small but the showers were great! We had room service the first night for dinner and it arrived hot and fresh. We ate breakfast both mornings in the Inn's restaurant and the buffet was quite good. Freshly cooked hot items as well as cereals, fruit, and bread were available. Because of the Inn's location, it is an easy walk to shops and around the residential parts of Easton. A great place to stroll with a 7 month old. We would love to come back in warmer weather to enjoy the outdoors. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EllenC245
Thank you for the high compliments! I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

We are also proud to be a “family friendly” hotel so I’m happy that you were able to take advantage of the conveniences the Tidewater Inn and our town offers for families with “little ones.”

If you are looking to return in warmer weather, I might suggest returning during Plein Air Easton & Arts Festival in July. It is the largest and most prestigious juried plein air painting competition in the United States. We also offer a number of mid-week specials each month so that could be an option as well for your family.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were visiting the Eastern Shore on a Sunday afternoon and decided to return to Easton. It was such a wonderful day that we decided to stop at the Tidewater Inn. We have never stayed in this historic inn but we were happy we did. Last minute, no plans and no reservations. The front desk was very accommodating since we were traveling with our large dog. Size did not matter and we booked a room that would accept our favorite pup. The room was perfect and nicely updated so the feel was comfortable with all the amenities. We had dinner at the restaurant which was great and enjoyed the lobby fire with other guests and their pets. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and will return again on our next visit. I would recommend the Tidewater for pet lovers and those that want to experience the small town feel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank delaware33
I’m so glad to know you had an excellent stay at the Tidewater Inn and enjoyed historic Easton!

I appreciate you providing comments on how accommodating we are for guests traveling with pets. Easton’s historic district is also very dog-friendly (as is the rest of Talbot County) and you will find that many shops and businesses have water bowls out front for our “canine friends.”

Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again! (Consider returning with “Fido” in October to participate in Talbot Humane’s “Bark in the Park.” It is a large annual fundraising event presented by our local humane society and attracts over 1,500 people, many of whom bring their dog(s). If you are a dog lover you will love Bark in the Park!)

All the best,

Inn Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Holiday Inn Express Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#2 of 9 in Easton

Been to Tidewater Inn? Share your experiences!