“AMAZING”
Review of Tidewater Inn

Tidewater Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Easton
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Could not have been a more amazing place for that destination wedding. The ambiance of the Inn and the quaint town with fine boutique's, pubs/restaurant's and high end stores all within walking distance made the weekend a true memory for all. The beauty and warmth of the Inn starts when you cross the threshold. The rooms are older with character and charm, the beds are comfy, the facility is immaculate, the food and drink right your feet, literally, and the staff are professional and very attentive to your needs. You are made to feel like "family". Truly a lasting, positive memory. A red carpet event for all attending the wedding . For the bride and groom...truly their fairy tale Prince and his Princess wedding event. Long to be remembered by all! And a place to return to without any question. Thank you Tidewater Inn. Ms.Ski

Room Tip: The suite overlooking the courtyard was amazing especially in the evening with the blue lights. So...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
TheTidewater, General Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We strive in the personal touches for our guests and appreciate your feedback that I will happily share with the hotel staff. We are so delighted you had a pleasant stay and a great time while in Easton. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Happy Holidays! Alex Zullo/General Manager

There are newer reviews for Tidewater Inn

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have stayed at Tidewater Inn numerous times over the years and our reaction upon checking out is always "nice place but..."

There's is plenty to like about the hotel. It's in downtown Easton near excellent restaurants, has a beautiful lobby and a nice bar, and the staff provides great customer service. The rooms themselves are rather small but that's to be expected in an older hotel. They're also fairly priced. We just stayed in the Honeymoon Suite for $149, which was only a few dollars more than standard rooms.

But it's the little things that keep this hotel from being the crown jewel of the Eastern Shore. We have stayed in rooms where the windows could not be opened. Even one of the three windows in the Honeymoon Suite wouldn't open. This can be a big problem because it seems as though the HVAC system is as old as the building. I believe either heat or a/c runs but you don't have individual control. The temperature last night was in the mid 50's but even with heat off our room, and the whole hotel was warm for that matter, was warm. Ended up spending a sleepless night.

I also tried to get internet access but the signal was so weak that it never could connect. And while I love dogs, wet one's can stink and they definitely leave notice of their passing in an elevator. I noticed a sign in the elevator that asks patrons to be respectful of other guests when going to and from rooms which I believe is a reference to those attending the numerous weddings held at Tidewater Inn.

In the end, we'll go back, although more and more we stay at Cambridge Hyatt. And I'd recommend this hotel with reservations and a few suggestions. Definitely ask for one of the renovated rooms (and check the windows upon arrival), find out if a wedding is scheduled during your stay and beware of the three day cancellation policy.

Room Tip: Make sure windows open
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fortunesmiled
TheTidewater, General Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at The Tidewater Inn, as well as offering constructive feedback on your experience. Please accept my apologies for any facilities problems that you encountered. We have definitely been renovating the hotel since we bought it two years ago and continue to make improvements to both rooms and bathrooms. I have also forwarded your comments to our maintenance team so they can look in to the HVAC issue you had; we certainly welcome all feedback from our guests as that is the best way for us to identify any issues with our operations and fix them immediately. Should your travels bring you back to Easton, I hope that you might give us a second chance, so that we may offer you the kind of experience that you would expect from The Tidewater Inn.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Tidewater Inn during my recent visit to the annual Wildfowl Festival this past weekend. Even though the hotel was crowded, I received first class treatment from check in to check out. The staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and appreciated as a paying guest. I have never been to a hotel where everyone was so kind. I took all my meals in the Hunters' Tavern and the food could have not been better. The General Manager was the hardest working person I have ever had the pleasure of observing. The front desk person, Donna, did everything she could to secure a room as I had checked in earlier than anticipated. The room itself, facing Dover Street, was most comfortable and spotlessly clean. The houskeeping staff was friendly and the linens were just right. I cannot wait until my next stay at the Tidewaterr.

Room Tip: Book early for busy periods. There are only ninety-eight rooms and they fill up quickly.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
TheTidewater, General Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We strive in the personal touches for our guests and appreciate your feedback that I will happily share with the hotel staff. Waterfowl Festival Weekend is quite the challenge for sure! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Alex Zullo/General Manager

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We have stayed in many high end hotel rooms, but Tidewater Inn was by far the best experience we have ever had! From the amazing suite to the great time around town. Everything was top notch. We will be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
TheTidewater, General Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our Inn. We are so delighted you had a pleasant stay and a great time while in Easton. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Alex

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I spent 2 nights at the Tidewater Inn earlier this week.
The lobby and function rooms were very nicely decorated for the season.
The hotel staff was very helpful and professional.
The food served during the function and the lunch break was really superb.
The bartender for our private function did a wonderful job.
The appetizers served during the cocktail hour were really wonderful.
Sadly, at our dinner function, the waiter was a most unfriendly and unpleasant person.
Obviously someone that does not like their job. The fourth person at our table did not get their entree for at least 15 minutes after everyone else was served. The food was delicious, but it was ruined by the bad table service.
The room was clean with a flat screen TV and the bed and bedding was very comfortable.
The bathroom was very small with old style fixtures that made me flash back to my childhood visits at my grandmothers house.
Overall, it was a nice visit in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you stayed with us for your son's wedding. I apologize for the service you received as this is unacceptable and not typical of our wait staff. We have addressed this internally and hope you will come back to see us again over the holidays. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Alex

Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel was quite lovely. It was centrally located in Easton, which was a perfect location for us to go bike riding. We could go to the shore, and inland as well. The staff was extremely helpful with maps and directions for biking, as well as for dining recommendations. The room we had was really two rooms -- a Queen suite, and it was only one dollar more than the more traditional rooms. Not sure what that was about. The hotel had a small space in their interior garden for locking bikes-- we locked and then in the evening they locked the gate to the garden.
Everyone in the area knows the hotel. It has been there for a long time. The only reason that I didn't rate it as excellent was because it needs some renovation. Nothing is dirty or torn -- but a new carpet and some new paint would really spruce it up. The bones are great.

Room Tip: The room we had was really two rooms -- a Queen suite, and it was only one dollar more than the more...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
TheTidewater, General Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our lovely area to bike around. There is also a local bike club I will be happy to put you in contact with next time you are in the area.

We have been renovating the hotel since we bought it two years ago with the tune of $4 million dollars and we have not stopped there. We are still working on the upgrades of the rooms including paint and carpet and will make sure we take note on your comments and suggestions.

We hope to see you back in Easton in the very near future.

Alex Zullo

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Recently my wife and I traveled to Easton, Maryland for our son's wedding. We stayed at the Tidewater Inn for four days and four nights. The Tidewater is an historic and very charming place to stay. Centrally located in Easton, it is everything you would want in a place as historic and beautiful as Easton, Maryland. The hotel staff is attentive but not intrusive, the food was beyond excellent and very reasonably priced. The rooms were clean, cozy and the bed was great - best sleep I have ever had in a hotel bed. I will be making the Tidewater my home away from home whenever I travel to Easton.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bruce C

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We strive in the personal touches for our guests and appreciate your feedback that I will happily share with the hotel staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Alex Zullo/General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Hampton Inn Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#2 of 9 in Easton
St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa

Been to Tidewater Inn? Share your experiences!