“Don't believe the hype!”
Review of Boulevard Diner

Boulevard Diner
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Dundalk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family and I are big fans of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, so on our way home from Washington DC we decided to stop at this restaurants. The crab soup we had had little bits of shredded crab no chunks of it. There were however huge chunks of potato and tomato. My husband tried the grape leaves, but all he could taste was lemon. Then we had the sour beef dumplings. The meat was in huge cubes. It was dry and stringy and almost inedible. The dumplings were huge balls of dough. Our three children's meals were also terrible. It was a big disappointment considering the rave review from the show.

1  Thank Deb33996
There are newer reviews for Boulevard Diner

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I love it here. Good service and great food. Every time were in the area we stop in. The daily specials are always the way to go for me. They are unique and made that day to sell that day. Today I got the bay burger. It was awesome! Blackened beef patty with a shrimp and crab dip on top and cheddar cheese. One on the best burgers I've ever had. My friend got the atlantic mac and cheese. It looked great and HUGE portion for the price. Definitely need to give it a try.

4  Thank jenjuice22
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Came with the family after seeing them on the show and we were very happy. I got the broiled crabcakes and they were amazing. Could be top 3 I've ever had. Huge lumps of crabmeat and a great taste. The wife got the sour beef and dumplings which she loved and said it reminded her of her grandmothers. I think it definitely deserves 5 stars for a Diner!

1  Thank 257Richie
Reviewed June 3, 2013

4 of us stopped in due to the ratings from the DDD TV show reviews. However, we did not want to eat the foods rated on the show. We chose a bit more healthy, however very little healthy to choose from. We all chose a NY sirloin (small), baked potato (plain) and a side salad and vegetable. Not one of us finished the sirloin (loaded with fat and undercooked.) The manager's explanation, "That's the way our steaks come!" The salad was minimal, and okay, the baked potato was good, but the green beans cold. The roles were hard as a rock (no one ate any!) I must say though, that the dessert was excellent. Too bad we had to order dessert (we really didn't want to!) But something had to fix this awful meal for the price we paid.

So, unless you choose the food from the TV review list or just want a treat, don't eat here!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

The fish in the fish and chips basket was flaky cod, however, it was greasy beyond expectations. I had to get extra napkins just to squeeze the oil out. The reading was very dark because it fried so long. The fish, however, did taste good without the reading.
My husband's evening breakfast of pancakes, very thick scrapped and eggs was great. The server even.told him he could get an all inclusive deal with 2 pancakes instead of three and.it saved a couple bucks.
It is a very nice place!

2  Thank LuAnn M

Been to Boulevard Diner? Share your experiences!